|Motto||"YOU & TU"|
|President||Lillian Schumacher, Ed.D. (November 2016-present)|
|74 full-time, 287 adjunct|
|Undergraduates||1,578 (on campus)|
|Address||155 Miami Street, Tiffin, Ohio, United States|
130 acres (53 ha)
|Colors||Green and gold
|Athletics||NCAA Division II - GLIAC|
|Mascot||Blaze the Dragon|
Tiffin University is a private coeducational university in Tiffin, Ohio, United States. Founded in 1888,  Tiffin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission  (HLC) for the undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered at the main campus in Tiffin, Ohio, at the University of Bucharest in Romania, and at several locations in Ohio, including the Cleveland, Toledo, and Fremont areas, as well as online.
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 3 Accreditation
- 4 Athletics
- 5 Music
- 6 Campus Life
- 7 Notable alumni
- 8 References
- 9 External links
During its first thirty years, Tiffin University was affiliated with Heidelberg College, as a financially independent and separate division or college, known as the Commercial College. It taught business courses typically found in the popular commercial colleges of the day. After breaking with Heidelberg College in 1917, the institution was moved to downtown Tiffin.
Tiffin University offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of on-campus, off-campus and online formats. TU consists of three academic schools: the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business, and School of Criminal Justice & Social Sciences. The Richard C. Pfeiffer Library houses a growing collection of books supporting the University's curriculum. The library is a member of OPAL and OhioLink, which provides online access to a vast collection of books, eBooks and databases, as well as books from any of the 90 other libraries.
The academic programs offered by the School of Arts and Sciences are Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art Administration (with concentrations in Music Industry and Visual Arts), Communication, Cyber-Defense and Information Assurance, English, General Science, Government and National Security, History, Professional Music, and Professional Studies. Teacher education programs are offered through a partnership with Lourdes College. Students can also achieve a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Exercise Science, Forensic Science, Information Technology, and Healthcare Administration.
The academic programs offered by the School of Business are Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting, Computer and Information Systems, Finance, Management, Marketing, Organizational Management, and Sports and Recreation Management, as well as an Associate of Business Administration in Accounting, Business, Computer and Information Systems, and Health Administration.
The academic programs offered by the School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences are Bachelor of Criminal Justice (BCJ) degree with concentrations in Corrections, Criminalistics, Digital Forensics, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security & Terrorism, Justice Administration, and Law Enforcement, as well as an Associate of Criminal Justice degree in Law Enforcement.
The school also offer a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology with concentrations in Addictions Counseling, Cross-Cultural and International Psychology (CCIP), and Human Services.
Also, study abroad programs in several countries are available for undergraduate students. The university enrolls many international students, including China, Romania, and Saudi Arabia. There are a total of 29 different countries represented on campus.
Tiffin University graduate programs include a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with concentrations in Finance, General Management, Healthcare Administration, Human Resource Management, International Business, Leadership, Marketing, Non-Profit Management, and Sports Management, a Master of Education (MEd) degree with concentrations in Educational Technology and Higher Education Administration, a Master of Humanities (MH) degree with concentrations in Art & Visual Media, Communications, Creative Writing, English, Film Studies, and Individualized Studies, a Master of Science (MS) degree in Criminal Justice with concentrations in Crime Analysis, Criminal Behavior, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security Administration, and Justice Administration, as well as a highly rated Master of Science (MS) degree in Psychology.
Tiffin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the Master of Business Administration program is accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, the European Council for Business Education, and the education partnership is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. 
The Tiffin Dragons compete in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC).
2017 Men's Indoor Track and Field NCAA Division II National Champions
2016 Men's Indoor Track and Field NCAA Division II National Champions
2016 Men's Outdoor Track and Field NCAA Division II Runner-Up
Football and basketball broadcasts can be heard on WTUD TUDragonradio.com and Coast Country 100.9 WMJK and feature broadcast professionals Russell Snyder and Matt Kibler. Full hour feature programs Dragon Nation and Dragon Nation Live can also be heard on WTUD the second Monday of each month. Coaches shows can be heard weekdays on WTUD, featuring coaches and student-athletes.
Tiffin University's music program consists of more than 15% of the campus population participating in groups that specialize in popular and commercial styles of music, and also in traditional large bands and choirs. The majority of student-musicians are non-music majors, and all receive scholarships for their music activities. TU also offers a degree in professional music in which students to focus on popular, jazz, rock, hip hop, and other commercial styles, and has achieved regional and national recognition for its pop a cappella and vocal jazz groups, and for incorporating hip hop performance into its music ensembles. All TU music majors receive free music notation and production software, and have liberal access to the school's multiple digital audio workstations for both their academic and independent music production activities. TU is home to the Lambda Iota chapter of the national honorary band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi.
Tiffin main campus is 130 acres (52.6 ha) enclosed in Tiffin, Ohio, the county seat of Seneca County, in northwestern Ohio. The campus is located on the west side of Tiffin, within a half mile of downtown Tiffin.
The campus environment includes over 25 buildings with a blend of traditional historic and modern structures.
Tiffin University's Greek life  is on the rise in recent years, with each organization contributing back to the university and community.
- Chris Ivory - NFL running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars.  Attended Tiffin University.
- Nate Washington - Former NFL wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Was a member of the Steelers' Super Bowl championship teams in the 2005 and 2008 seasons. Attended Tiffin University and he holds eight individual Tiffin University receiving records, including records for receptions in a game (13), yards in a game (299), receptions in a season (70), yards in a season (1,428), touchdowns in a season (16), career receptions (212), career yards (4,214), and career touchdown receptions (47) 
- George Whitfield, Jr. '01 - noted personal coach for NFL and NCAA quarterbacks. Whitfield finished third in school history in career completions (368), passing yards (4,391) and touchdowns (31). 
- Sandra Williams - ( D-Cleveland), State Representative for the 11th District of Ohio 
- Rex Damschroder - Member of Ohio House of Representatives 
- Jeffrey McClain - Republican member of the Ohio House of Representatives 
- Walt Jean - former professional American football player (1922–1927) 
- Gary R. Heminger '76 - CEO, President, Marathon Petroleum  
- Harry Burd - former pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies (1959–1963). 
- Joe Macko - Former 16 year (1948–1964) professional baseball player. Hit over 300 minor league home runs. 
- Greg Freeman (American football) - American football player 
- Dillon Klein - Professional golfer
- Brandon Person - American football player for the Arizona Cardinals.
- Logan Sendelbach - Professional baseball player currently in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization.
- Boris Bede - Canadian football player
- Smart Osalador - Scottish football (soccer) player - Annan Athletic F.C.
- Emmanuel Adjei - NPSL football (soccer) player - Dayton Dynamo
TIFFIN UNIVERSITY INFORMATION
POPULAR VIDEOS AND PHOTOS
POPULAR ONLINE SOURCESGoogle | Yahoo | Bing | DuckDuckGo | Ask | Aol | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | The New York Times | Yelp | Buzzfeed | US Weekly | RollingStone | WebMD | The Verge | HubPages | PlayBuzz | ESPN