Wikipedia:WikiProject Sociology Information
WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of Sociology. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
|Part of a series on|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently.
Overview of scope
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- Biographies of sociologists who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO ( WP:PROF) should be included.
Maybe in scope
- If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, a specialized article could be created, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered. Consider discussing these suggestions in the relevant talk pages.
Out of scope
- Specific entities such as a particular family ( House of Windsor) or element of fashion ( brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality.
- Biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and ' Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors ( ?)||ω = 37,528||Ω = 4.69|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Did you know
- 02 Apr 2022 – Zionism as settler colonialism was nominated for DYK by Buidhe ( t · c); see discussion
Articles for deletion
- 05 May 2022 – Popular culture studies was AfDed by Piotrus ( t · c); see discussion ( ; relisted)
- 04 May 2022 – Latin American spring was AfDed by Dentren ( t · c); see discussion ( ; relisted)
- 10 May 2022 – Animals in LGBT culture AfDed by Reywas92 ( t · c) was closed as merge by Sandstein ( t · c) on 18 May 2022; see discussion ( )
Categories for discussion
- 03 Apr 2022 – Category:Transgender and transsexual physicians was CfDed by Bohemian Baltimore ( t · c); see discussion
- 03 Apr 2022 – Category:Fictional transgender and transsexual women was CfDed by Bohemian Baltimore ( t · c); see discussion
- 03 Apr 2022 – Category:Transgender and transsexual people was CfDed by Bohemian Baltimore ( t · c); see discussion
Templates for discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 03 May 2022 – History of institutions → Institution was RfDed by Steel1943 ( t · c); see discussion
- 27 Apr 2022 – Poor housing → Slum was RfDed by Steel1943 ( t · c); see discussion
- 27 Apr 2022 – Dab hand → Expert was RfDed by Steel1943 ( t · c); see discussion
- 22 Apr 2022 – Social unit → Level of analysis was RfDed by Piotrus ( t · c); see discussion
- 06 Apr 2022 – Nation of China → China was RfDed by Balkovec ( t · c); see discussion
Good article nominees
- 09 May 2022 – Carolyn C. Perrucci was GA nominated by TJMSmith ( t · c); start discussion
- 31 Dec 2021 – Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study was GA nominated by Tommyren ( t · c); see discussion
Requests for comments
- 10 May 2022 – Zionism as settler colonialism has an RfC by LlywelynII ( t · c); see discussion
- 05 May 2022 – Rajputs in Bihar has an RfC by RuudVanClerk ( t · c); see discussion
- 19 Feb 2022 – Doukhobors has been put up for PR by EpicPupper ( t · c); see discussion
- 09 Jan 2022 – Paul Goodman has been put up for PR by Czar ( t · c); see discussion
- 18 May 2022 – Gay men is requested to be moved to gay man by 22.214.171.124 ( t · c); see discussion
- 16 May 2022 – Great Replacement is requested to be moved to Great Replacement conspiracy theory by Generalrelative ( t · c); see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 11 May 2022 – Prejudice plus power is proposed for merging to Racism by Maxxhiato ( t · c); see discussion
- 11 May 2022 – Settler colonialism is proposed for merging to Zionism as settler colonialism by Loew Galitz ( t · c); see discussion
- 30 Apr 2022 – Temperance movement is proposed for merging to Temperance movement in the United States by Hazhk ( t · c); see discussion
- 20 Apr 2022 – Higher education is proposed for merging to Higher education in the United States#Types of colleges and universities by Fgnievinski ( t · c); see discussion
- 16 Apr 2022 – Daejeon massacre is proposed for merging to Bodo League massacre by Klbrain ( t · c); see discussion
- 10 Apr 2022 – List of massacres in Palestine is proposed for merging to List of massacres in the Palestinian territories by Dunutubble ( t · c); see discussion
- 15 Mar 2022 – Blockmodel is proposed for merging to Blockmodeling by Fgnievinski ( t · c); see discussion
- 14 Mar 2022 – Conservation community is proposed for merging to Conservation development by Rosenbergwrite ( t · c); see discussion
- 20 Feb 2022 – Gellner's theory of nationalism is proposed for merging to Modernization theory (nationalism) by Snooganssnoogans ( t · c); see discussion
- 12 Jan 2022 – Classification of advocacy groups is proposed for merging to Advocacy group by Snooganssnoogans ( t · c); see discussion
- ( 4 more...)
Articles to be split
- 14 Apr 2022 – Anonymous (hacker group) is proposed for splitting by Super Dromaeosaurus ( t · c); see discussion
- 04 Feb 2022 – Internet culture is proposed for splitting by Duckmather ( t · c); see discussion
- 10 Jan 2022 – Millennials is proposed for splitting by A. C. Santacruz ( t · c); see discussion
- 20 Oct 2021 – New Woman is proposed for splitting by Mr. Guye ( t · c); see discussion
- 01 Aug 2021 – 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests is proposed for splitting by Jax 0677 ( t · c); see discussion
- 22 Jul 2021 – Immigration to the United States is proposed for splitting by DesertPipeline ( t · c); see discussion
- 25 Apr 2021 – Police corruption is proposed for splitting by Super Dromaeosaurus ( t · c); see discussion
- 09 Feb 2021 – Oppositional culture is proposed for splitting by BDD ( t · c); see discussion
- 15 Sep 2020 – Poverty threshold is proposed for splitting by Piotrus ( t · c); see discussion
- 09 Sep 2020 – Timeline of the 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests (November 2019) is proposed for splitting by D7CY689 ( t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 23 May 2022 – Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research has been submitted for AfC by 126.96.36.199 ( t · c)
- 11 May 2022 – GigaNet has been submitted for AfC by Detlevore ( t · c)
- 06 May 2022 – Socio-onomastics has been submitted for AfC by Faust.TSFL ( t · c)
- 02 May 2022 – Nü Hanzi has been submitted for AfC by Wuajp ( t · c)
- 27 Apr 2022 – Harry Estill Moore has been submitted for AfC by KatieEdwardsCapstone ( t · c)
- 16 Apr 2022 – Damian Milton has been submitted for AfC by Notcharizard ( t · c)
- 11 Apr 2022 – Changboh Chee has been submitted for AfC by LHAHP ( t · c)
- 21 Mar 2022 – Thomas Roulet has been submitted for AfC by Incerto15 ( t · c)
- 18 Mar 2022 – Wikisurvey has been submitted for AfC by Catproof ( t · c)
- 07 Mar 2022 – Andreas N. Lytras has been submitted for AfC by Sanbeos ( t · c)
- ( 5 more...)
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.