Teruyuki Kagawa Information (Person)
|Other names||Ichikawa Chūsha IX|
|Alma mater||University of Tokyo|
|Height||171 cm (5 ft 7 in)|
|Children||Ichikawa Danko V (son)|
Ichikawa Ennosuke III (father)|
Yūko Hama (mother)
|Relatives||Ichikawa Ennosuke IV (cousin)|
|Website||Teruyuki Kagawa Official Site|
In the Kabuki world, it is usual for the son of an actor to follow the father's footsteps from a very early age, but his parents divorced in 1968 and his mother was given custody. After that, he totally lost contact with his father, and his mother refused to give him any training in the Kabuki art and he grew believing that it was "something that must not be watched". However he tried several times to meet his biological father. When he was 20, he went to one of his performances and asked if he could see him, stating that he was Ennosuke's son, but when his father's assistants reported to him the situation he refused, stating that he didn't have any son.
He graduated in social psychology at the University of Tokyo and decided to start a career in cinema.
He has twice been nominated for the Best Supporting Actor award at the Japanese Academy Awards, once for Warau Iemon and once for Kita no zeronen. He won the award for best supporting actor at the 33rd Japan Academy Prize for Mt. Tsurugidake. 
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2020)
His first son Masaaki, born in 2004, showed interest in becoming a Kabuki actor. As a result, Teruyuki tried again to meet with his aged father and succeeded. 
At the same time, he decided to start his own career in Kabuki at 46,  an age which is extremely unusual for an actor. The only other time someone was initiated into the Kabuki world as a fully grown adult was in 1910, when Ichikawa Danjuro IX's adopted and then son-in-law Ichikawa Sansho V decided to start his career at age 28 after his adoptive father's death. 
In 2011,  it was announced that in June 2012  he and his son, at their father and cousin's Shūmei, they would have taken the names, respectively, of Ichikawa Chusha IX  and Ichikawa Danko V. 
|2000||Devils on the Doorstep||Kosaburo Hanaya|
|2001||Man Walking on Snow||Ryoichi|
|Kita no zeronen|
|What the Snow Brings|
|Memories of Tomorrow||Atsushi Kawamura|
|2007||Sukiyaki Western Django||Sheriff Hoanka|
|Tokyo Sonata||Ryūhei Sasaki|
|20th Century Boys: Beginning of the End||Yoshitsune|
|2009||20th Century Boys 2: The Last Hope|
|20th Century Boys 3: Redemption|
|John Rabe||Prince Asaka Yasuhiko|
|Snow Prince||Arima Masamitsu|
|Kaiji: Jinsei Gyakuten Game||Yukio Tonegawa|
|Ashita no Joe||Danpei Tange|
|Kaiji 2: Jinsei Dakkai Game||Yukio Tonegawa|
|2012||Key of Life||Kondo|
|Rurouni Kenshin||Takeda Kanryū|
|2021||99.9 Criminal Lawyer: The Movie||Atsuhiro Sada |
|2022||Doraemon: Nobita's Little Star Wars 2021||Gilmore (voice) |
|Miyamatsu and Yamashita||Miyamatsu |
|1989||Kasuga no Tsubone||Kobayakawa Hideaki|
|1990||Wataru Seken wa Oni Bakari||Masayuki Tōyama|
|2002||Toshiie to Matsu||Toyotomi Hideyoshi|
|2006||Kōmyō ga Tsuji||Rokuheita|
|Taigan no Kanojo||Narahashi Fumimasa|
|Unfair the Special - Code Breaking||Sato Kazuo|
|Yakusha Damashii!||Yanagisawa Mitsuharu|
|2007||Shimane no Bengoshi||Akita Ryoichi|
|Kitaro ga Mita Gyokusai - Mizuki Shigeru no Senso||Mizuki Shigeru & Private (Second Class) Maruyama|
|2009||Mr. Brain||Tanbara Tomomi|
|Saka no ue no kumo||Masaoka Shiki|
|2011||Diplomat Kosaku Kuroda||Takeshi Shimomura|
|2013–2020||Hanzawa Naoki||Akira Ohwada|
|Yuriko-san no Ehon||Makoto Onodera|
|2019||Everyone's Demoted||Tōru Mayama|
|2021||Japan Sinks: People of Hope||Yūichi Tadokoro|
|The Time,||Himself (Friday host)|
- Teruyuki Kagawa was honored with the John Rabe Award  in 2009 by the John Rabe Communication Centre in Heidelberg and the Austrian Peace Service.
- 第 33 回日本アカデミー賞優秀作品 (in Japanese). Japan Academy Prize. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- Kyodo News, " At 46, actor continues in father's kabuki footstep", Japan Times, 6 June 2012, p. 3 Archived June 5, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Family Tradition Alive in Asakusa". Japan Zone. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- "ICHIKAWA SANSHÔ V". kabuki21. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- 近藤, 正高. "「誰よりつらい状況になることを、自ら望むのが俳優である」 55歳になった香川照之"俳優の原点"". livedoor NEWS. Line Corporation. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- "The new Ennosuke; Kohei the assassin; CM of the week: Fuji-Q Highland". The Japan Times Ltd. The Japan Times. 19 August 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- "松本潤×香川照之「99.9 刑事専門弁護士」映画化！ 新ヒロイン登場を示唆". eiga.com. Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- "映画『ドラえもん』新公開日は3月4日 香川照之、松岡茉優の出演＆リバイバル上映も決定". eiga.com. Retrieved November 9, 2021.
- "香川照之、14年ぶり単独主演映画で演じるのはエキストラ『宮松と山下』11月公開決定". Crank-in!. Retrieved July 27, 2022.
- Teruyuki Kagawa honored with John Rabe Award 2009 (www.john-rabe.de) Archived December 26, 2010, at the Wayback Machine