Patrice Ossona de Mendez Information (Person)
Patrice Ossona de Mendez
|Alma mater||EHESS, Paris|
|Institutions||Centre national de la recherche scientifique|
|Doctoral advisor||Hubert de Fraysseix, Pierre Rosenstiehl|
Patrice Ossona de Mendez is a French mathematician specializing in topological graph theory who works as a researcher at the Centre national de la recherche scientifique in Paris.  With Pierre Rosenstiehl, he is editor-in-chief of the European Journal of Combinatorics, a position he has held since 2009.  
Ossona de Mendez was born on 13 December 1966 in Paris.  He represented France in the International Mathematical Olympiad in 1985, earning a bronze medal there.  He studied at the École Normale Supérieure from 1986 until 1990, and completed his Ph.D. in 1994 from the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences.  His dissertation, jointly supervised by Rosenstiehl and Hubert de Fraysseix, concerned bipolar orientations of graphs. 
With Jaroslav Nešetřil he is the author of the book Sparsity: Graphs, Structures, and Algorithms ( Algorithms and Combinatorics 28, Springer, 2012), concerning the properties and applications of different types of sparse graph.   This book was included in ACM Computing Reviews list of Notable Books and Articles of 2012. 
- Curriculum vitae: Patrice Ossona de Mendez (PDF), retrieved 2015-09-20.
- European Journal of Combinatorics Editorial Board, Elsevier, retrieved 2015-09-20.
- Patrice Ossona de Mendez: Individual Ranking, International Mathematical Olympiad, retrieved 2015-09-20.
- Patrice Ossona de Mendez at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Review of Sparsity by József Balogh, Mathematical Reviews, MR 2920058.
- Review of Sparsity by Andre Maximo (October 2012), ACM Computing Reviews, CR140602.
- ACM Computing Reviews - Notable Computing Books and Articles of 2012, ACM Computing Reviews website. Accessed June 29, 2013