Marc Wootton Information (Person)
Marc James Wootton
8 February 1975
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, writer|
Marc James Wootton (born 8 February 1975) is an English actor, comedian and writer, best known for his role as Mr Poppy in the Nativity! film series. Wootton has also appeared in High Spirits with Shirley Ghostman, La La Land, Nighty Night and voiced Max in Counterfeit Cat.
Wootton previously starred in the Channel 4 comedy show The Eleven O'Clock Show, BBC Three, the show Cyderdelic, the Channel 4 comedy gameshow My New Best Friend, in which contestants had to convince their closest friends and relatives that the most awful of people (played by Wootton) were their new best friends for a prize of £10,000, E4 comedy The Pilot Show and the BBC Two Sitcom Thin Ice. He also wrote and starred in the BBC Three sketch show Marc Wootton Exposed, the first series of which started on 13 January and finished on 25 February 2008. 
Wootton played the role of softly spoken dating agent Gary Furze (Lasso The Moon agency) in the first series of Julia Davis' Nighty Night. In the second series he played Dennis, Linda's aggressive husband. Wootton collaborated with Julia Davis again in the semi-improvised character comedy Couples, for BBC Radio 4.  In 2006, Wootton appeared in the Debbie Isitt film Confetti as a best man, Snoopy.
In Autumn 2008 he completed filming Nativity in the role of Mister Poppy. Nativity was released on 27 November 2009, and was directed by Debbie Isitt. The sequel Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger was released in November 2012.
Wootton's six-part show, La La Land, premiered on the Showtime USA network on 25 January 2010 and premiered on BBC Three on 27 April 2010. In 2014, Wootton starred in the first episode of Inside No 9, "Sardines". In 2018 Wootton wrote and starred in the six part comedy series High & Dry for Channel 4 in the UK, which debuted on the station on 4 May 2018. 
|2002-2004||Cyderdelic||Su Long||7 episodes|
|2003||My New Best Friend||Various||Also writer|
|The Pilot Show||Various|
|2004-2005||Nighty Night||Gary Furze / Dennis||2 episodes|
|2005||High Spirits with Shirley Ghostman||Various||8 episodes|
|2008||Marc Wootton Exposed||Various||3 episodes; also creator and writer|
|Gavin & Stacey||Duncan||Series 2 episode 4|
|2009||Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel||Toby|
|Brave Young Men||Owen Malloy|
|2010||La La Land||Various||6 episodes; also creator and writer|
|Neighbors from Hell||3 episodes; voice only|
|2011||Arthur Christmas||Peter||Voice only|
|2012||Delocated||The Glaze||10 episodes|
|Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger||Mr. Poppy|
|2013||Way to Go||Cozzo||6 episodes|
|The Harry Hill Movie||Barney Cull|
|2014||Inside No. 9||John||Episode: " Sardines"|
|Trouble & the Shadowy Deathblow||Short film|
|Nativity 3: Dude, Where's My Donkey?||Mr. Poppy|
|Psychobitches||The Goddess Kali||1 episode|
|2015||The Bad Education Movie||Officer Geoffrey|
|High & Dry Blap||Brett||Also writer|
|2015-2016||Drunk History: UK||Harold Godwinson /
Joe Mears /
Dr. Robert Knox
|2016-2017||Counterfeit Cat||Max||Voice only' 51 episodes|
|2018||High & Dry||Brett||6 episodes; also writer and creator|
- Season's Greetings as Eddie – National Theatre (2010–2011)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream as Nick Bottom – Royal Shakespeare Theatre – Royal Shakespeare Company (2011)
- The Same Deep Water As Me as Kevin Needleman – Donmar Warehouse (1 August – 28 September 2013)
- Bull – The Young Vic (2015–2016)
- Rose D'or Golden Rose Award Best Gameshow, 2004 My New Best Friend (2004)
- British Comedy Award Best New TV Comedy My New Best Friend (2003)
- BBC Two Greenlight Award Cyderdelic (2003)
- "Programme Information: Network TV Week 3" (Press release). BBC. Retrieved 26 December 2007.
- "Couples – BBC Radio 4".
- Gibsone, Harriet (6 July 2018). "Marc Wootton: 'My funniest item of clothing? It has to be a Prada man dress'". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 March 2022.
- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1742630/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2[ user-generated source]