Love Is a Mix Tape Information
This article needs a plot summary. (August 2020)
|Cover artist||Gregg Kulick|
|Publisher||Crown Publishing Group|
|January 2, 2007|
|Media type||Print ( Hardback)|
|781.64092 B 22|
|LC Class||ML423.S537 A3 2007|
Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time is an autobiographical memoir by Rob Sheffield. It follows his first meeting of Renée Crist, their love for each other, and the eventual loss when Renée suddenly passes away from a pulmonary embolism in 1997 after only 5 years of being married. Music is explored throughout the book; how music brought him and his wife together, their shared love of music and how music helped him cope with losing her. Each chapter is prefaced with a mixtape or list of tracks that correspond to the plot. 
The book received reviews from publications including Publishers Weekly,  Kirkus Reviews,  The A.V. Club,  Creative Loafing,  Newsweek,  The Austin Chronicle,  The Denver Post,  and Los Angeles Times. 
- "The day the music died". Los Angeles Times. Dec 31, 2006. Retrieved Oct 12, 2019.
- "Audio Book Review: Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield, Author, Rob Sheffield, Read by , read by the author. Random House Audio $29.95 (0p) ISBN 978-0-7393-3352-5".
- "Nonfiction Book Review: Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield, Author . Crown $22.95 (224p) ISBN 978-1-4000-8302-2". PublishersWeekly.com.
- "LOVE IS A MIX TAPE | Kirkus Reviews" – via www.kirkusreviews.com.
- "Rob Sheffield: Love Is A Mix Tape: Life And Loss, One Song At A Time". AUX.
- January 23, Emily Hansen Wednesday; EST, 2008 12:04 am. "Book Review - Love Is a Mix Tape: Keeping the beat". Creative Loafing.
- "With a Song in His Heart". 4 January 2007.
- "Book Review: Rock & Roll Books". www.austinchronicle.com.
- "The mix tracks of his tears". January 11, 2007.
- "The day the music died". Los Angeles Times. December 31, 2006.