|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!|
|Part of a series on|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently. Criteria for including articles under this project's banner include:
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- But articles on specific entities such as a particular family ( House of Windsor) or element of fashion ( brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality. If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, we could however create more specialized articles, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered.
- A biography of a sociologist who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO ( WP:PROF) should be included. But biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and ' Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors ( ?)||ω = 32,351||Ω = 4.71|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Articles for deletion
- 05 May 2021 – Slavery at Tuckahoe plantation was AfDed by Softlavender ( t · c); see discussion ( )
- 17 Apr 2021 – Change and continuity AfDed by EpicPupper ( t · c) was closed as keep by EpicPupper ( t · c) on 02 May 2021; see discussion ( ; relisted)
Redirects for discussion
- 01 May 2021 – Gayist → LGBT social movements was RfDed by AllegedlyHuman ( t · c); see discussion
- 29 Apr 2021 – Gayism → LGBT social movements was RfDed by AllegedlyHuman ( t · c); see discussion
- 22 Apr 2021 – Pseudoscience (physics) → Pseudoscience was RfDed by Aseleste ( t · c); see discussion
- 11 Apr 2021 – Big Media → Concentration of media ownership was RfDed by J947 ( t · c); see discussion
Files for discussion
- 24 Apr 2021 – File:Xinjiang Re-education Camp Lop County.jpg (on 1, 2) was FfDed by SCP-2000 ( t · c); see discussion
Good article nominees
Good article reassessments
- 02 May 2021 – Family in advertising was nominated for GA reassessment by Whiteguru ( t · c); see discussion
- 24 Dec 2020 – Average Joe was nominated for GA reassessment by QuintessentialAnomaly ( t · c); see discussion
Requests for comments
- 03 May 2021 – Race and intelligence has an RfC by NightHeron ( t · c); see discussion
- 30 Apr 2021 – Uyghur genocide has an RfC by MarkH21 ( t · c); see discussion
- 23 Apr 2021 – Woman has an RfC by Kolya Butternut ( t · c); see discussion
- 06 May 2021 – Fascist Italy (1922–1943) is requested to be moved to Kingdom of Italy under Fascism by Srnec ( t · c); see discussion
- 27 Apr 2021 – Extremely Online is requested to be moved to Extremely online by No such user ( t · c); see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 06 Apr 2021 – Group marriage is proposed for merging to Polygamy by 2600:1002:B011:C845:6902:A487:C9AF:BAE8 ( t · c); see discussion
- 22 Mar 2021 – Idol goods is proposed for merging to Merchandising by Lord Belbury ( t · c); see discussion
- 22 Mar 2021 – Low birth rate in South Korea is proposed for merging to Aging of South Korea by Piotrus ( t · c); see discussion
- 04 Feb 2021 – Demographic analysis is proposed for merging to Demography by Fgnievinski ( t · c); see discussion
- 25 Dec 2020 – Clannism is proposed for merging to Clan by Klbrain ( t · c); see discussion
- 24 Dec 2020 – Effects of pornography on relationships is proposed for merging to Effects of pornography by Doomsdayer520 ( t · c); see discussion
- 08 Dec 2020 – Social media in education is proposed for merging to Use of social media in education by ZimZalaBim ( t · c); see discussion
- 08 Dec 2020 – Jonestown conspiracy theories is proposed for merging to Jonestown by LuckyLouie ( t · c); see discussion
- 14 Oct 2020 – Social construction of disability is proposed for merging to Social model of disability by Dodger67 ( t · c); see discussion
- 05 Oct 2020 – Digital sociology is proposed for merging to sociology of the Internet by Piotrus ( t · c); see discussion
- ( 1 more...)
Articles to be split
- 28 Apr 2021 – Racism in the United States is proposed for splitting by Rsk6400 ( t · c); see discussion
- 25 Apr 2021 – Police corruption is proposed for splitting by Super Dromaeosaurus ( t · c); see discussion
- 29 Mar 2021 – Aftermath of the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol is proposed for splitting by Nintendofan885 ( t · c); see discussion
- 18 Mar 2021 – Jonestown is proposed for splitting by Beeblebrox ( t · c); see discussion
- 14 Feb 2021 – Collective intelligence is proposed for splitting by AngusWOOF ( t · c); see discussion
- 09 Feb 2021 – Oppositional culture is proposed for splitting by BDD ( t · c); see discussion
- 05 Dec 2020 – Timeline of the 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests (September 2020) is proposed for splitting by Newfraferz87 ( t · c); see discussion
- 05 Dec 2020 – Timeline of the 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests (October 2020) is proposed for splitting by Newfraferz87 ( t · c); see discussion
- 15 Sep 2020 – Poverty threshold is proposed for splitting by Piotrus ( t · c); see discussion
- 09 Sep 2020 – Timeline of the 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests (November 2019) is proposed for splitting by D7CY689 ( t · c); see discussion
- ( 2 more...)
Articles for creation
- 26 Apr 2021 – Raúl Allain has been submitted for AfC by Literaturemostly ( t · c)
- 23 Apr 2021 – Digital Lifestyle has been submitted for AfC by Praxidicae ( t · c)
- 13 Apr 2021 – Khalil Ahmad Khalil has been submitted for AfC by Norah Abdulrahman ( t · c)
- 11 Apr 2021 – Michel Anteby has been submitted for AfC by 2A01:E34:EC5C:77C0:DC5B:113A:8053:BFB0 ( t · c)
- 07 Apr 2021 – Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the houseless population has been submitted for AfC by ClarenceTheCat ( t · c)
- 11 Mar 2021 – Generation C has been submitted for AfC by Gloriousglib ( t · c)
- 05 Mar 2021 – Barbara Ellen Smith has been submitted for AfC by Mrsdarcy211 ( t · c)
- 14 Feb 2021 – Critical juncture has been submitted for AfC by Maxweber1920 ( t · c)
- 10 Feb 2021 – Source collective 2 has been submitted for AfC by Chip.berlet ( t · c)
- 08 Feb 2021 – Superordinate principles has been submitted for AfC by David2892 ( t · c)
- ( 5 more...)
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.