Wikipedia:WikiProject LGBT studies
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!|
Welcome to WikiProject LGBT studies! We're a group of editors who aim to improve Wikipedia's coverage of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender ( LGBT) and queer studies topics. WP:LGBT brings together Wikipedians of all sexual orientations, gender identities, geographic locations, and personal backgrounds to collaborate on expanding and improving LGBT content across Wikipedia.
The scope of WP:LGBT includes:
- Identifying and categorizing LGBT and queer studies articles on Wikipedia
- Developing and applying standards for assessing LGBT and queer studies articles
- Improving existing LGBT and queer studies articles and ensuring they are in-line with Wikipedia's standards and policies
- Identifying notable LGBT and queer studies topics not yet included in Wikipedia and creating articles for them
- Identifying and developing standardized tables, templates and categorization schemes for LGBT and queer studies articles
- Identifying potential material that may be transwikied — (i.e. collect information for possible high-quality LGBT/Queer studies textbooks for Wikibooks)
- Maintaining Portal:LGBT and Portal:Transgender
This project does not extol any point of view, political or otherwise, other than that of a neutral documentarian.
Joining the discussion at WT:LGBT is a great way to get started. Ask questions, suggest articles for creation or improvement, and connect with other WP:LGBT members. You do not need to be a project member to post a message.
At Collaboration, you can find the membership list and task groups.
- Anyone with a Wikipedia user account—regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity—is free to join. Sign up at the members list.
- If you know another language besides English, please consider adding your name to our List of Translators.
- The Person Task Force is a working group dedicated to ensuring quality and coverage of biography articles of LGBT persons.
Visit Editing for tools to help create, assess, and improve LGBT-related articles.
|To-do list for WikiProject LGBT studies:|
Resources has style guides, external links, templates, and other tools that support researching and writing articles on LGBT topics.
- WP:LGBT/Guidelines is a style guide for writing about LGBT topics.
The Showcase highlights great LGBT content on Wikipedia and celebrates WP:LGBT achievements.
|400 good articles: 98.8% complete|
|100 featured articles: 90% complete|
|10% of all articles rated B-Class or better: 84.4% complete|
- 2.7% List-Class
- 24.3% Stub-Class
- 48.6% Start-Class
- 15.8% C-Class
- 5.9% B-Class
- 1.9% GA-Class
- 0.6% FA-Class
- 0% remaining