This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2020)
|Died||December 14, 1928 (aged 67)|
|Resting place||Hollywood Forever|
|Occupation||Film, stage actor|
( m. 1890; div. 1905)
( m. 1905; died 1925)
|Relatives||Florence Roberts (cousin)|
Roberts was born in San Francisco, California.  He was a cousin of the stage actress Florence Roberts.[ citation needed] His choice of a career disappointed his mother (who wanted him to become a minister) and his father (who wanted him to learn a trade). 
Roberts debuted on stage at the Baldwin Theatre in San Francisco in 1880.  He went on to act with a barnstorming troupe on the West Coast but tired of that lifestyle after several years and left acting for a time to command a schooner owned by his father. 
On stage in the 1890s he acted with Fanny Davenport in her play Gismonda (1894)[ citation needed] and later in The Bird of Paradise (1912). His Broadway career began with We'Uns of Tennessee (1899) and ended with Believe Me Xantippe (1913). 
He started his film career in the 1910s in Hollywood, and was often associated in the productions of Cecil B. DeMille.[ citation needed] He portrayed Moses in the biblical prologue of DeMille's The Ten Commandments (1923).  One of his last film appearances was as the heroine's father in The Cat's Pajamas (1926). 
- Ellenberger, Allan R. (May 2001). Celebrities in Los Angeles Cemeteries: A Directory. McFarland. p. 147. ISBN 978-0-7864-0983-9. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- Fox, Charles Donald; Silver, Milton L. (1920). Who's who on the Screen. Ross publishing Company. p. 14. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- "Shows tragedy in life of actor". The News and Observer. North Carolina, Raleigh. Associated Press. December 22, 1928. p. 8. Retrieved August 14, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Hits of the Month". The Theatre. XVIII (132): 117. October 1913. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- "Theodore Roberts". Internet Broadway Database. The Broadway League. Archived from the original on August 14, 2020. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- Liebman, Roy (February 6, 2017). Broadway Actors in Films, 1894-2015. McFarland. pp. 198–199. ISBN 978-0-7864-7685-5. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- Neste, Dan Van (March 15, 2017). The Magnificent Heel: The Life and Films of Ricardo Cortez. BearManor Media. p. 231. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- Wjote, Forest (February 23, 1924). "Theodore Roberts Ill And Moviedom Grieves; Film's 'Grand Old Man'". The Ithaca Journal. New York, Ithaca. p. 7. Retrieved August 14, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Theodore Roberts.|