Technocrane is a telescopic crane that is used in the film industry and in television production, currently manufactured and designed in Poland by Peter Adamietz. There are many different sizes available, from 10 ft to 100 ft. The camera is mounted on the remote head on the end of the crane and is moved by a camera operator at a control desk. The Technocrane can telescope at different speeds controlled by the operator. It allows camera moves that cannot be achieved using a jib arm and dolly,  and the telescoping can be used to compensate for the camera moving in an arc called "arc compensation". Scorpio Technocranes by the manufacturers: Service Vision based in Barcelona, Spain for example: can programmed to be engaged to remove the natural arc by adjusting the telescoping arm to do a straight dolly move at a much quicker setup than a traditional dolly and track. 
Horst Burbulla, Gyula Mester and Keith Edwards won Academy Awards in 2005 for inventing and developing the Technocrane,  and it was also honored by the Society of Camera Operators of America in 2001.  It was originally built in London by Technovision Ltd., and was introduced into Hollywood by Simon Jayes.  Productions that have used the Technocrane or the later Super-Technocrane include Titanic, the Harry Potter films, the Lord of the Rings films, and all the James Bond films of the late 1990s and 2000s, among many others.
- Cury, Ivan (2005). TV commercials: how to make them, or, how big is the boat?. Elsevier. pp. 235. ISBN 0-240-80592-5.
- Brown, Blaine (2002). Cinematography: Theory and Practice: Imagemaking for Cinematographers. Focal Press. p. 303. ISBN 0-240-80500-3.
- "Makers of Cranes, Illusions take home first Oscars". New Zealand Herald. Reuters. 2005-02-15. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Hewitt, Charles (February 2001). "Crane Wars" (PDF). Eyepiece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-08-29. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Laufenberg, Norbert B. (2005). Entertainment Celebrities. Trafford Publishing. p. 888. ISBN 1-4120-5335-8.
- Maker of NEWTON stabilized heads to telescopic cranes https://www.newtonnordic.com/
- Maker of the Scorpio Technocranes and Scorpio stabilized heads http://www.servicevision.es/en/productos-de-alquiler/grip/telescopic-cranes
- Maker of Super Technocranes https://www.supertechno.com/
- Maker of Louma Technocranes http://www.loumasystems.biz/index.phtml
- Maker of MovieBird Technocranes http://www.moviebird.com