Punch (TV series)
|Written by||Park Kyung-soo|
|Directed by||Myoungwoo Lee|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||19|
|Executive producers||Han Jung-hwan|
|Running time||70 minutes |
Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 ( KST)
|Production company||HB Entertainment|
|Original network||Seoul Broadcasting System|
|Original release||15 December 2014 –|
17 February 2015
Punch ( Korean: 펀치; RR: Peonchi) is a 2014–2015 South Korean television series starring Kim Rae-won, Kim Ah-joong, Cho Jae-hyun, Seo Ji-hye and On Joo-wan.      It aired on SBS from 15 December 2014 to 17 February 2015 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 19 episodes.  
Punch is a record of the last six months of Park Jung-hwan's life. He is the chief of the anti-corruption investigation team for the Supreme Prosecutors' Office. To get to his position, Jung-hwan has made compromises to achieve what he thought of as the greater good, though it meant losing some of his soul in the process. But when he gets diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor and told that he only has six months left to live, it makes Jung-hwan reexamine his life choices. He decides to pursue justice whatever the cost, even if it means sacrificing his life. This is his last attempt to make things right, one final "punch" against the crooked world. And his main goal is bringing down his boss Prosecutor General Lee Tae-joon, whose friendly public face masks his unscrupulous morals and rampant corruption.
Helping Jung-hwan in his quest is his ex-wife, Shin Ha-kyung. Ha-kyung is an idealistic prosecutor for the Seoul District, and chose her profession over having a lucrative law career. She divorced Jung-hwan because he was obsessed with ambition and never had time for her and their young daughter, Ye-rin. But that doesn't mean she doesn't still care for him, though her concern is mixed with resentment.
- Kim Rae-won as Park Jung-hwan
- Kim Ah-joong as Shin Ha-kyung
- Cho Jae-hyun as Lee Tae-joon, Prosecutor General
- Seo Ji-hye as Choi Yeon-jin
- Choi Myung-gil as Yoon Ji-sook, Minister of Justice
- On Joo-wan as Lee Ho-sung
- Kim Eung-soo as Jung Gook-hyun
- Lee Han-wi as Oh Dong-choon, detective
- Park Hyuk-kwon as Cho Kang-jae, prosecutor
- Song Ok-sook as Jung-hwan's mother
- Kim Ji-young as Park Ye-rin
- Lee Young-eun as Park Hyun-sun
- Lee Ki-young as Lee Tae-sub
- Jang Hyun-sung as Jang Min-seok
- Kim Hye-yoon as Cho Kang-jae's daughter
- Ryu Seung-soo ( cameo)
- Kang Ha-neul (cameo)
In the tables below, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
|Episode #||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|TNmS Ratings||AGB Nielsen|
|Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area||Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area|
|1||December 15, 2014||6.7% (NR)||8.6% (19th)||6.3% (NR)||8.6% (19th)|
|2||December 16, 2014||6.6% (NR)||7.4% (NR)||6.8% (NR)||7.4% (NR)|
|3||December 22, 2014||6.7% (NR)||7.4% (NR)||6.6% (NR)||7.6% (NR)|
|4||December 23, 2014||7.7% (18th)||9.2% (17th)||7.7% (NR)||8.5% (17th)|
|5||December 29, 2014||7.7% (NR)||9.2% (14th)||8.7% (18th)||9.3% (14th)|
|6||January 5, 2015||9.3% (18th)||11.6% (11th)||9.6% (16th)||10.1% (13th)|
|7||January 6, 2015||9.8% (15th)||12.7% (7th)||10.1% (15th)||10.7% (12th)|
|8||January 12, 2015||9.8% (15th)||11.3% (10th)||9.1% (17th)||9.6% (15th)|
|9||January 13, 2015||10.0% (14th)||12.3% (8th)||9.6% (16th)||9.6% (17th)|
|10||January 19, 2015||10.8% (13th)||12.7% (8th)||10.4% (11th)||10.8% (9th)|
|11||January 20, 2015||11.5% (9th)||14.4% (5th)||12.3% (8th)||13.3% (5th)|
|12||January 26, 2015||11.1% (11th)||13.7% (8th)||11.4% (8th)||12.2% (7th)|
|13||January 27, 2015||11.9% (10th)||15.3% (4th)||12.2% (8th)||13.5% (6th)|
|14||February 2, 2015||11.2% (13th)||13.5% (6th)||12.5% (8th)||13.8% (6th)|
|15||February 3, 2015||12.4% (10th)||15.2% (6th)||12.8% (6th)||14.0% (5th)|
|16||February 9, 2015||12.1% (12th)||14.4% (6th)||12.7% (6th)||14.2% (5th)|
|17||February 10, 2015||11.9% (11th)||14.8% (6th)||11.9% (8th)||13.1% (5th)|
|18||February 16, 2015||12.7% (8th)||15.1% (5th)||14.0% (5th)||14.7% (5th)|
|19||February 17, 2015||14.8% (5th)||17.2% (4th)||14.8% (4th)||14.9% (4th)|
|Best Actor (TV)||Kim Rae-won||Nominated|
|Best Screenplay (TV)||Park Kyung-soo||Won|
|Grand Prize (Daesang)||Cho Jae-hyun||Won|
|Best TV Star||Seo Ji-hye||Won|
|Top Excellence Award,
Actor in a Miniseries
|Best Supporting Actor||Jang Hyun-sung||Nominated|
|Best Writer||Park Kyung-soo||Won|
|Best Actor (medium-length drama)||Cho Jae-Hyun||Won|
|Best Actress (medium-length drama)||Choi Myung-gil||Won|
|Special Actor (medium-length drama)||Kim Eung-soo||Nominated|
|Special Actress (medium-length drama)||Seo Ji-hye||Nominated|
|PD Award (chosen by PDs from KBS, SBS & MBC)||Kim Rae-won||Won|
|Top 10 Stars||Won|
|Best Couple Award||Kim Rae-won and Kim Ah-joong||Nominated|
|Drama of The Year||Punch||Nominated|
|PD Award for The Best Ensemble Casts||Won|
|Best Director||Lee Myung-Woo||Nominated|
|Best Screenplay||Park Kyung-soo||Won|
|Best Actor||Kim Rae-won||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Cho Jae-hyun||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Choi Myung-gil||Nominated|
- Choi, Shin-ae (4 November 2014). "Kim Rae Won, Kim Ah Joong, and Jo Jae Hyun Confirm for Punch". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on 4 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Kim Rae-won Likes to Push Himself to the Limit". The Chosun Ilbo. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Kim A-joong Returns to TV in Legal Drama". The Chosun Ilbo. 13 December 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Kim, Jin-seok (5 March 2015). "Weight loss for roles took a toll on actor". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Kim A-joong Rediscovers the Fun of Acting". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Jones, Julie (19 November 2014). "Punch To Detail One Man's Dangerous Pursuit of Justice". KDramaStars. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Cameras begin rolling on SBS's Punch". Dramabeans. 20 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "ONE packs a Punch with new legal thriller starring Kim Rae Won". ONE TV ASIA. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2015.