House of Anansi Press
|Founder||Dennis Lee and Dave Godfrey |
|Country of origin||Canada |
|Headquarters location||Toronto |
|Distribution||University of Toronto Press Distribution in Canada, Publishers Group West in the United States |
|Key people||Sarah MacLachlan (President and Publisher) |
|Imprints||The Massey Lectures,  Spiderline,  Anansi Poetry,  A List,  Arachnide,  Astoria,  Anansi International,  Groundwood Books|
House of Anansi Press is a Canadian publishing company, founded in 1967 by writers Dennis Lee and Dave Godfrey. The company specializes in finding and developing new Canadian writers of literary fiction, poetry, and non-fiction.
Anansi started as a small press with only one full-time employee, writer George Fetherling. It quickly gained attention for publishing significant authors such as Margaret Atwood, Matt Cohen, Michael Ondaatje, Marian Engel, Erín Moure, Paulette Jiles, George Grant and Northrop Frye. The company also published many translations of French language works by authors such as Roch Carrier, Anne Hébert, Lise Bissonnette and Marie-Claire Blais.
- "- Anansi publishes very good books".
- "Contact Us -".
- "Anansi's Sarah MacLachlan among publishers chosen for inaugural Scottish fellowship program". 14 July 2015.
- "Massey Lectures". House of Anansi Press.
- Afterword (27 January 2012). "A Publisher's Year: A quest for Survival - National Post".
- "Poetry (Chapbooks + Special Editions)". House of Anansi Press.
- "Arachnide Editions". House of Anansi Press.
- Afterword (25 January 2013). "A Publisher's Year: Mastering the perilous trade - National Post".
- "House of Anansi". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Welcome to House of Anansi". House of Anansi Press.
- Search results for Massey Lectures
- Official Site
- List of references
- Archives of the House of Anansi Press (House of Anasi Press fonds, R11750) are held at Library and Archives Canada