|Elevation||2,344 m (7,690 ft) |
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Disaster Peak
- "Report from the Indian Hunters". Gold Hill Daily News. Gold Hill, Nevada. June 9, 1864. Retrieved November 17, 2020.
- Federal Writers' Project (1941). Origin of Place Names: Nevada (PDF). W.P.A. p. 36.
- Angel, Myron, ed. (1881). History of Nevada. Oakland, Cal., Thompson and West. p. 169. Retrieved February 6, 2020.
- Annual report of the commissioner of Indian affairs, for the year 1865 (Report). Office of Indian Affairs. 1865. Retrieved February 7, 2020.
- Michno, Gregory (2007). The Deadliest Indian War in the West: The Snake Conflict, 1864-1868. Caxton Press. p. 63. Retrieved February 7, 2020.