|Factorization||2 × 7|
|Divisors||1, 2, 7, 14|
In relation to the word "four" ( 4), 14 is spelled "fourteen".
|Look up fourteen in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Fourteen is a composite number. 
- In hexadecimal, fourteen is represented as E
- Fourteen is the lowest even n for which the equation φ(x) = n has no solution, making it the first even nontotient (see Euler's totient function). 
- Take a set of real numbers and apply the closure and complement operations to it in any possible sequence. At most 14 distinct sets can be generated in this way.
- 14 is a Catalan number. 
- Fourteen is a Companion Pell number. 
- According to the Shapiro inequality 14 is the least number n such that there exist x1, x2, ..., xn such that
where xn + 1 = x1, xn + 2 = x2.
- There are fourteen possible Bravais lattices that fill three-dimensional space.
- The atomic number of silicon
- The approximate atomic weight of nitrogen
- The maximum number of electrons that can fit in an f sublevel
- Messier object M14, a magnitude 9.5 globular cluster in the constellation Ophiuchus
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 14, a magnitude 12.5 irregular galaxy in the constellation Pegasus
- According to the Gospel of Matthew "there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah". ( Matthew 1, 17)
- The number of Stations of the Cross observed by some Christian denominations.
- The Fourteen Holy Helpers were a group of saints formerly venerated together by Roman Catholics.
- The number of Muqattaʿat in the Quran.
- Significant for Twelver Shia Muslims who follow the Fourteen Infallibles.
The number of sacrificial victims of the Minotaur.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 14 is the earliest age that the emancipation of minors can occur in the U.S.
- Minimum age a person can purchase, rent or buy tickets to a 14A rated movie in Canada without an adult. Ratings are provincial, so ratings may vary. A movie can be 14A in one or some provinces and PG in other provinces. A movie can also be rated 14A in one or some provinces and 18A in other provinces. Quebec has a different rating system for films.
- Youngest age in Canada a person can watch a 14+ rated show without consent from a legal guardian.
- The U.S. TV Parental Guidelines has a rating called "TV-14" which strongly recommends parental guidance for children under the age of fourteen watching the program.
- Minimum age at which one can view, rent, purchase, or buy tickets to an 18A rated movie with an accompanying adult in the Canadian provinces of the Maritimes and Manitoba.
- Minimum age at which one can work in many U.S states. Parental consent may be required, depending on state.
- Minimum age at which one can drive a vehicle in the U.S. with a driver's license (with supervision of an adult over 18 years of age, and with a valid, unmarked driver's license, and at least 365 days of experience driving an actual automobile)
- The minimum age limit to drive a 50cc motorbike in Italy.
- The most common age of criminal responsibility in Europe. 
- In some countries, it is the age of sexual consent.
- In American football, the National Football League playoffs have involved 14 teams since the 2020 season.
- In golf, a player can have no more than 14 clubs in the bag.
- In rugby union, the starting right wing wears the 14 shirt.
- The number of days in a fortnight.
- The 14th amendment gave citizenship to those of African descent, in a post- Civil War ( Reconstruction) measure aimed at restoring the rights of slaves.
- In traditional British units of weight, the number of pounds in a stone.
- A number 'encoded' in much of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach.[ citation needed] Bach may have considered this number a sort of signature, since given A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc., then B + A + C + H = 14. (See also 41)
- The number of points outlined by President Woodrow Wilson for reconstructing a new Europe following World War I, see Fourteen Points.
- The number of Enigma Variations composed by Edward Elgar.
- The number of favored rows in the Roman theater for members of the equestrian order according to the lex Roscia theatralis issued in 67 BC.
- The section that one goes to when one dies in the GrailQuest books.
- The number of legs on a woodlouse, as well as on Hallucigenia.
- A common designation for the thirteenth floor in many buildings for superstitious reasons.
- There are 14 British Overseas Territories of the United Kingdom.
- The number of lines in a sonnet. 
- The Number 14 airship by Alberto Santos Dumont that was used to test the aerodynamics of his 14-bis airplane.
- The number of the French department Calvados.
- XIV is a storage server manufactured by IBM. It goes by name of "XIV" and is pronounced as the separate letters "X", "I", "V".
- The Piano Sonata No. 14, also known as Moonlight Sonata, is one of the most famous piano sonatas composed by Ludwig van Beethoven.
- A symbol of infinity in " The House of Asterion" (" Spanish: La casa de Asterión", 1947) by Jorge Luis Borges,  itself a reference to the 14 sacrificial victims of the Minotaur.
- The Fourteen Words are a phrase used by white supremacists.
- Nuestra Familia is a gang that uses "XIV" as their symbol because the 14th letter of the Spanish alphabet is "N".
- The room number on the top floor of the hospital where Oliver Hardy is visited by Stan Laurel in the movie County Hospital (1932).
- In the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, the Fourteen Flames are a chain of volcanoes that stretch across the Valyrian peninsula.
- There are 14 books in the main sequence of the epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.
- Unlike most other mammal species which commonly have 20 digits (toes), 14 is the number of digits of the guinea pig or domestic guinea pig (Cavia porcellus), also known as the cavy or domestic cavy ( //).
- (sequence A002808 in the OEIS)
- "Sloane's A005277 : Nontotients". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Sloane's A000108 : Catalan numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Sloane's A002203 : Companion Pell numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Places where Lord Ram stayed during 14 years of exile".
- Zimring, Franklin (2015). Juvenile Justice in Global Perspective. NYU Press. p. 21. ISBN 978-1-4798-9044-6. Extract of page 21
- Bowley, Roger. "14 and Shakespeare the Numbers Man". Numberphile. Brady Haran. Archived from the original on 2016-02-01. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- Jean Ann Bowman, Jorge Luis Borges: A study of criticism in the United States, M.A. thesis submitted to and approved by the Graduate Faculty of Texas Tech University, May 1987.