Yellowhammer News Information
Yellowhammer News is an American conservative website that publishes news and political commentary pertaining to Alabama.  It is owned by Yellowhammer Media. It was founded in 2011 by Alabama native Cliff Sims  who left in January 2017 to work in President Donald Trump's administration as assistant communications director for White House messaging, as well as a special assistant to Trump himself.   (Sims left that job after 17 months and wrote the memoir Team of Vipers about the experience.) When he left Yellowhammer, Sims sold the company to Tim Howe  and John Ross, both former directors of the Alabama Republican Party. 
- Weigel, David (2015-12-22). "Supporters trust Ted Cruz, even when the tape says not to". Washington Post.
- Alexander, Alan (2014-12-03). "Yellowhammer Multimedia launches clothing line". Birmingham Business Journal.
- "Yellowhammer CEO Cliff Sims set to resign after accepting role in the Trump White House". WVTM-13. 2017-01-20.
- Gore, Leada (2016-10-24). "Donald Trump launches nightly Facebook show with Yellowhammer's Cliff Sims among hosts". AL.com.
- Gore, Leada (16 August 2018). "Lobbyist listed as owner, editor of Yellowhammer blog". AI.com. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- Smiley, Lauren. "As You Like It: A partisan site in Alabama exploits trust in local news". Columbia Journalism Review (Winter 2019). Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- Official website
- Smiley, Lauren (Winter 2019). "As You Like It: A partisan site in Alabama exploits trust in local news". Columbia Journalism Review. (describing Yellowhammer News as a "relatively mature example of the attempts to create alternative local news outlets that capitalize on America’s media polarization where it dovetails with community news credibility").
|This article about a news website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|