|Xavier High School|
|181 Randolph Road|
Middletown, ( Middlesex County), Connecticut 06457
XAVIER HIGH SCHOOL (CONNECTICUT) Latitude and Longitude:
|Motto||Be a Man |
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Headmaster||Dave C. Eustis Jr.|
|Teaching staff||61.9 (on an FTE basis) |
|Enrollment||788  (2015–16)|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.7 |
|Color(s)||Black and White|
|Athletics conference||Southern Connecticut Conference|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges |
|Podcast||Falcon Talk ( https://soundcloud.com/falcon-talk)|
|Streaming Network||XSN (Xavier Streaming Network) http://thecube.com/cube/xavier-high-school-middletown-connecticut?concept=1|
Xavier High School is an all-boys college preparatory Catholic high school in Middletown, Connecticut, United States. It is run by the Xaverian Brothers. Teenage boys from over 65 towns surrounding and including Middletown attend Xavier; despite the fact that students commute from a very broad area all students, their parents, faculty, and staff, regardless of how far away they live from the school, are referred to by Xavier officials as “The Xavier Community”.   
Mercy High School, Xavier’s all-girls sister school, is located down the street three miles away from Xavier.
Xavier is sponsored jointly by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Norwich and the Congregation of the Brothers of Saint Francis Xavier. The school was incorporated under the laws of the State of Connecticut on February 18, 1963.
Xavier High School was founded in 1963 by the Xaverian Brothers. From the foundation of the school until the present, Xavier has maintained an educational philosophy which seeks "to instill the teachings of God, to guide and counsel students, and to help them prepare for college, for life work, and above all, for life itself." 
Xavier High School is run day-to-day on a Headmaster-Principal model. Xavier draws a diverse student body from 60 different towns across Connecticut and internationally. Xavier offers Advanced Placement courses as well as thirteen courses that qualify students to earn college credit at UConn and other universities.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Xavier's ultimate frisbee team won back to back New England championships in 2011  and 2012.  The Falcons' opponent in the championship game in 2012 was none other than Middletown High School which is located in the same town as Xavier.
Xavier's football team won the Class LL state championship in 2005, 2010, 2011, 2012 (the only "3-peat" in state history) and again in 2014. The team has also celebrated a number of division championships in the SCC, including 2000, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, and in 2012.  The team has also had several undefeated seasons including 1971, 1972, 1974, 2005, 2010 and 2011. 
Xavier's golf team won the Division 1 State Championship in 2017. The Falcons shot 301 winning the program's first state title.
Xavier's sailing team won Connecticut State Championships in 2004 and 2006, and placed 7th at the New England Championships in both team and fleet racing in 2006. 
Xavier's Cross Country team holds the most state titles out of any sport at the school, winning its latest in 2017. That same year, they progressed to the Nike Cross Nationals, placing 18th out of 22 teams there. 
Xavier's 4x1 mile relay team placed 6th place in the nation in the Nike Indoor National Championships in March 2007.
Xavier's soccer team won the State Championship in 1995. They have also won a number of division and conference championships over the years, the most recent in 2013 (both division and conference champions).
Xavier's Wrestling team won two state championships in 2011 and in 2012, with the 2012 being declared the #1 wrestling team in the state of Connecticut, under head coach Michael Cunningham. The team also has a number of individual awards including 3 New England Champions, 8 state open Championships, and 24 State Champions. 
XSN (Xavier Streaming Network) was created in 2013 to help stream and showcase as many of these games and other streaming events over the years. The club is entirely student-ran for students who have an interest in broadcasting or streaming. In their time, the club has streamed many different events for Xavier including home basketball games, football games, soccer games, and even Xavier masses and concerts for the school over the past few years.
Xavier participates in a "BYOD" Bring your Own Device" Program, which allows students to bring their own laptop and integrate technology into their classroom experience.
- Michael Aresco ('68) - broadcasting executive and Commissioner of the American Athletic Conference 
- Jeff Bagwell ('86) - Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2017 Houston Astros 
- Thom Brooks ('92) - political philosopher and legal scholar 
- Angelo Sosa ('93) - Contestant on Bravo's Top Chef and Top Chef All-Stars 
- Nick Greenwood - Pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals[ citation needed]
- Will Tye ('10) - Tight end for the New England Patriots
- Amari Spievey (‘06) - Former safety for the Detroit Lions
- Ryan Preece ('09) - Stock car driver in the NASCAR Xfinity Series
- Tim Boyle ('13) - Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers
Students are eligible for scholarships based on their academic achievements. In addition, over $1 million per year in financial aid and tuition assistance is provided to students who qualify.
Other boys' schools in Connecticut:
- "Xavier High School". Private School Universe Survey. National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- NEASC-CIS. "NEASC-Commission on Independent Schools". Archived from the original on June 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- "Xavier High School". Xavier High School. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Xavier High School - About Us". Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Student Handbook 2015-2016" (PDF). Xavier High School. p. 14. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Retrieved December 15, 2008. Xavier High School-Athletics
- "Football". xavierhighschool.org. Xavier High School.
- Courant, Hartford. "Xavier To Name New Football Field After Larry McHugh Saturday".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 29, 2008. Retrieved November 14, 2008. New England Schools Sailing Association Results Archive
- "NikeCrossNationals.com - Nike Cross Nationals Official Site - NXN - News - 2017 Results - Nike Cross Nationals". RunnerSpace.com. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- "Wrestling". www.xavierhighschool.org. Xavier High School.
- Michael Aresco '68 - New Big East Commissioner Archived August 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved Feb 23 2013
- Xavier High School Website: Bagwell '86 Now Astros Hitting Coach Archived September 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved Aug 7 2011
- "Thomas (Thom) BROOKS". People of Today. Debrett's. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Xavier High School Website: Congratulations Angelo Sosa '93 Archived August 8, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved Jun 6 2012