Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Libraries Information
|This is the
talk page for discussing improvements to the
WikiProject Libraries page.
|WikiProject Libraries||(Rated Project-class)|
To start a new discussion: Use the "new section" button at the top of the page.
To revive an old discussion: Cut it from the pertinent archive and paste it into a "new section" on the main talk page (this page).
|Invitation to join GLAM-Wiki US|
Hello! This WikiProject aligns closely with the work of the GLAM-Wiki initiative (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums), a global community of volunteers who assist cultural institutions with sharing resources with Wikimedia. GLAM-Wiki US is a new community initiative focused on organizing cultural collaborations within the United States. GLAM organizations are diverse and span numerous topics, from libraries and art museums to science centers and historic sites. We currently have a backlog of interested institutions- and we need your help!
Are you interested in helping with current or future GLAM projects? Join→
Re Special collections: The Presidential library page refers to the 13 NARA and 31 independent presidential libraries. It is only categorized in National Archives and Records Administration. This is not my field, but it seems to me that the presidential libraries also meet the definition for being categorized as Special collections, even if many include a public interpretive center component. The Presidential libraries seem more clearly Special collections than Special libraries. Any thoughts? Zatsugaku ( talk) 23:23, 14 August 2020 (UTC)
Hi WP Libraries, I was wondering if anyone would like to offer an opinion on a discussion taking place at Talk:Autonomous_social_center#Requested_move_10_November_2020. Thanks for any comments! Mujinga ( talk) 14:42, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
I have nominated Astrophysics Data System for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Delist" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. Hog Farm Bacon 05:44, 23 December 2020 (UTC)
I have been working on filling out United States library association pages and I made a template that can go in the footer of these pages, similar to the state libraries template. Before I made it live on any other pages, I wanted to run it by people here. You can see it here. A few thoughts
- This does not include consortia (i.e. METRO) but mainly associations which have individual people as members but I may be wrong about some of these
- I skipped orgs with US members but that are not primarily US-focused (i.e. IFLA)
- I did not include actual divisions of ALA because they are listed within their own template but I did include any affiliates with a WP page
- There are a lot of more specialized state library associations according to this page not on Wikipedia and I erred on the side of leaving them off for now
- PNLA is the only redlink in there and I will fix that
- I probably missed some stuff, please let me know what!
- Very nice idea - thank you! Although having been a participant in many of METRO's offerings, I feel you should include such organizations. Maybe you can one section for organizations that individuals can belong to (as it is now) and another section for library consortiums (METRO, PACSCL, Recap, OhioLINK, and many others. - kosboot ( talk) 01:32, 13 January 2021 (UTC)
A place to help you organise your work
I've been working on a tool for the past few months that you may find useful. Wikipedia:Sandbox organiser is a set of tools to help you better organise your draft articles and other pages in your userspace. It also includes areas to keep your to do lists, bookmarks, list of tools. You can customise your sandbox organiser to add new features and sections. Once created you can access it simply by clicking the sandbox link at the top of the page. You can create and then customise your own sandbox organiser just by clicking the button on the page. All ideas for improvements and other versions would be really appreciated.
Huge thanks to PrimeHunter and NavinoEvans for their work on the technical parts, without them it wouldn't have happened.
Hope its helpful