|Elevation||12,527 ft (3,818 m)  |
|Prominence||2,456 ft (749 m) |
|Isolation||9.39 mi (15.11 km) |
|Listing||Colorado prominent summits|
WHETSTONE MOUNTAIN Latitude and Longitude:
United States 
|Parent range||West Elk Mountains |
USGS 7.5' topographic map|
Crested Butte, Colorado 
Whetstone Mountain, elevation 12,527 ft (3,818 m), is a summit in the Gunnison National Forest of western Colorado. The mountain is located 3 mi (4.8 km) south of Crested Butte in Gunnison County. Whetstone Mountain is one of several prominent laccoliths found in the West Elk Mountains.
- Wheatstone Mountain
- Whetstone Mountain – 1927 
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- "WHETSTONE MTN CAIRN". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- The elevation of Whetstone Mountain includes an adjustment of +1.922 m (+6.31 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Whetstone Mountain, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "Whetstone Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|