Russell 1000 Component
(As a ING subsidiary)
New York, New York
Rodney O. Martin, Jr.|
( Chairman & CEO)
Michael S. Smith
|Revenue||US$ 8.618 billion (2017)|
|US$ 528 million (2017)|
|US$ -2.792 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||US$ 222.53 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$ 11.039 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Voya Financial is an American financial, retirement, investment and insurance company based in New York, New York. Voya began as ING U.S., the United States operating subsidiary of ING Group, which was spun off in 2013 and established independent financial backing through an initial public offering.  In April 2014, the company rebranded itself as Voya Financial.  Voya's predecessors had first entered the U.S. market in the 1970s.
The company's main center for broker-dealer (the ING Financial Partners division)  and annuities businesses is located in Des Moines, Iowa.  This center was first established in 1997 and employed 400 as of late 2014.   On July 31, 2017, Voya entered into an agreement with Cognizant to outsource a broad range of IT services, resulting in layoffs and jobs transferred to Cognizant. 
- "US SEC: Form 10-K Voya Financial, Inc". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- Gardyasz, Joe (14 Mar 2014). "ING rebranding as Voya Financial". Business Record. Des Moines, Iowa: Business Publications. Retrieved 21 Apr 2015.
- Mathis, Karen Brune (21 Mar 2014). "ING U.S. becomes Voya". Financial News & Daily Record. Jacksonville, Florida.
- Patane, Matthew (2 Sep 2014). "Voya's Des Moines office to celebrate end of rebranding". The Des Moines Register. Retrieved 21 Apr 2015.
- "VOYA FINANCIAL, INC. (NYSE:VOYA) Files An 8-K Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement - Market Exclusive". marketexclusive.com. Retrieved 2017-09-06.