Vermont Symphony Orchestra Information
|Vermont Symphony Orchestra (VSO)|
|Principal conductor||Jaime Laredo|
The Vermont Symphony Orchestra (VSO) is a symphony orchestra based in, and supported in part by, the U.S. state of Vermont. It is a 501(c)(3) corporation.  It is one of the few, and the oldest, state-supported symphony orchestras in the United States.
It performed in each of the state's 251 cities and towns between 1984 and 1986.
A part of the founding mission of the VSO is to make symphonic music accessible, at an affordable cost, to Vermont's mostly rural citizens. The Vermont Symphony Orchestra does not have a single home hall.
Chartered to bring music to the citizenry, the VSO performs in a broad range of settings including Robert Todd Lincoln's estate Hildene, the public lawn of the Vermont State House at Montpelier, the Flynn Center in Burlington, Shelburne Farms on the shore of Lake Champlain in Shelburne, Vermont, Trapp Concert Meadow and many town commons, opera houses and university art centers including Johnson State College, Middlebury College, Castleton State College, Lyndon State College, and the University of Vermont.
The VSO has extensive educational outreach with its Musicians-in-the-Schools and Orchestral Youth Concerts programs.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-07-12. Retrieved 2008-07-20.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title ( link) retrieved July 20, 2008
- Lindauer Simmon, Virginia (August 2007). "Business People-Vermont: Vermont Symphony Orchestra, Alan Jordan". www.vermontguides.com. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- General Assembly of the State of Vermont (2008-06-07). "No. 192 An Act Relating to Making Appropriations for the Support of Government". www.leg.state.vt.us. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "Efrain Guigui, 81; Vermont orchestra conductor". Boston.com. June 22, 2007. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "History - Vermont Symphony Orchestra". Vermont Symphony Orchestra. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
|This Vermont-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States classical music orchestra is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|