Valley Springs High School Information
|Valley Springs High School|
1 School St, Valley Springs, AR
VALLEY SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL Latitude and Longitude:
|School district||Valley Springs|
|NCES District ID||0513350 |
|NCES School ID||051335001093 |
|Faculty||30.30 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Enrollment||282 (2010–11 )|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
|USNWR ranking|| Silver Award|
#1072 (USA) 
Valley Springs High School is a secondary school in Valley Springs, Arkansas, United States. The school is the sole high school serving grades 9 through 12 in the Valley Springs School District. In 2012, Valley Springs was nationally recognized with the Silver Award in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools ranking report. 
In 1912, the North Arkansas Conference of Methodist Churches felt a need to establish a high school in the Ozarks. Valley Springs, with its academic background, was selected, and it became Valley Springs Training School.
In 1922, the first organized high school was started in an old two-story frame structure on the south hill at Valley Springs. For a dormitory, the school used the old Dr. Hale home above the spring. The church bought a 12-acre (49,000 m2) campus and a farm of 160 acres (0.65 km2) on which the boys worked to help pay expenses. Part of this farm is now the present school system.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). Students complete regular (core) and career focus courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams that provide an opportunity for students to obtain college credit.
The Valley Springs High School mascot and athletic emblem is the tiger with green and white serving as its school colors.
For 2012-14, the Valley Springs Tigers compete in the 3A 1 East (Basketball) Conference under the administration of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA). Interscholastic activities include baseball, basketball (boys/girls), cheer, cross country (boys/girls), golf (boys/girls), softball, tennis (boys/girls), track (boys/girls), and volleyball. 
The Valley Springs Tigers boys basketball team has been one of the state's most successful with six state championships between 1950 and 1996, including three consecutive titles in 1950–52. 
Beyond sports, Valley Springs students participate in a variety of clubs and organizations including the FBLA, FCCLA, National FFA Organization, Student Council, National Honor Society, Key Club, Quiz Bowl, Robotics Team (Operation Tigers In Space - O.T.I.S.), High School Rapid Response Team, and the Yearbook.
- James Dickey - collegiate basketball coach
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Valley Springs School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Sep 13, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Valley Springs High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "2012 Best High Schools". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved Sep 13, 2012.
- "School Profile, Valley Springs High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2012.