User talk:Arjayay Information
You can use "Email this user" in the panel on the left, but I will probably reply on your talk page, or the article talk page, as discussions should be open and on the record.
I have experienced problems with e-mails not being delivered, so please leave me a message on this page if I have not replied within 48 hours.
Broadcasted appears in some dictionaries, but others, e.g.
Chambers state "Sorry, no entries for Broadcasted were found".
Broadcast appears in all dictionaries, and should be used as COMMONALITY - "Wikipedia tries to find words that are common to all varieties of English".
A September 2020 search for
Broadcast gave over 210,000 uses, compared with a search for
Broadcasted which gave just 81.
Of these 8i, 16 are redirects to "Broadcast" articles, 16 refer to a Canadian TV award and 5 relate to a 1924 cartoon. The rest are in quotations.
Dear Arjayay - Can you look at the table I'm trying to create on my sandbox? Please give me a clue why it won't match up with the "good" table from the George Cukor article that I posted below it for comparison. Thank you in advance. -- Lord Such&Such ( talk) 16:12, 17 October 2020 (UTC)
- At my wits end. Can you tell me, Arjayay, why the section headings on my Sandbox table (under construction) won't activate? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.-- Lord Such&Such ( talk) 16:27, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for that. More trouble...please check the table at Mervyn LeRoy! The "Contributions (Uncredited)" table is showing up under "External Links". Can you tell me why? -- Lord Such&Such ( talk) 16:14, 2 November 2020 (UTC)
- Lord Such&Such - "Good grief" said Snoopy - I think I've finally resolved the problems - please let me know if there are any remaining - briefly:-
- Sortable tables close with
- Section titles need to be before the table, not inside it (the table can have a title, as shown/explained at Help:Table#Sortable_tables but not a section header)
- Do not use level 1 section headers (one = each side)
- Do not include references in section titles (as stated above "you should never put anything else on the section header line, you confuse the poor little thing")
This is clear. Thank you. http://webot.org/info/en/?search=Snoopy#/media/File:Snoopy_Peanuts.png -- Lord Such&Such ( talk) 18:10, 2 November 2020 (UTC)
Hi Arjayay, sorry but it wasn't me!!! Actually my pest little brother got hold of my password somehow, and tricked me. It's a lame excuse but that's how it was. I shall be more careful in the future (I have changed my pwd).
Please stop your disruptive editing. If you continue to violate Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy by adding commentary and your personal analysis into articles, as you did at Madhuri Dixit, you may be blocked from editing. - Arjayay (talk) 18:41, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Polytope4d - did you know " My little brother did it" even has its own page? - Arjayay ( talk) 19:17, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
this hurts the pride of the these two Metropolis (one million plus urban agglomerations) of India .this just hurt the sentiments of keralites and you know one thing Kerala is proud of its 7 cities which are under 61 million plus urban agglomerations of India the highest number infact . please dont hurt our pride . the population of muncipal corporation limits of these cities might be less but the urban area of these cities are densely populated. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 ( talk) 13:18, 4 November 2020 (UTC) yours sincerely A Anjanakannan — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 ( talk) 13:23, 4 November 2020 (UTC)
Arjayay, in a vast place, weather may vary. So, it is expected for a large megacity having more than one weatherbox.
The weatherbox given for Kolkata is of Alipore, south Kolkata. Dumdum is a city in north Kolkata. For Dumdum, NOAA source is available (for normals). For extremes, India Meteorological Department data is also available. So, I want to create an another weatherbox for Dumdum, which will represent north Kolkata. I can give you the sources, if you agree with me.
|Climate data for Kolkata(Dumdum Airport)1981-2007, extremes 1901-2012|
|Record high °C (°F)||32.5
|Average high °C (°F)||25.6
|Average low °C (°F)||12.9
|Record low °C (°F)||5.0
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||12.4
|Average rainy days||1.0||1.7||2.2||3.5||7.0||12.6||17.0||16.9||13.2||6.8||1.3||0.5||83.7|
|Average relative humidity (%)||75||71||67||71||73||79||83||83||81||75||70||72||75|
|Source: India Meteorological Department  |
This is rather eccentric request, but I am desperate to find a mentor to answer simple questions to the maze of Wiki Commons copyright issues, and specifically "Tags" to authorize images. My efforts involve ancient photos from silent and early sound films. Do you know of any editors who would provide some direction on these matters. No problem if this is "beyond your ken" but thank you anyway.
Kind reference to the note you had just left in my talk page "Please do not add or change content, as you did at Sholavandan, without citing a reliable source." There already existed a statement on a notable philanthropist, Control Kaniappa Mudaliar. Sort of trying to add value,by correcting the years (British Raj not the 1950s decade): and substantiating with other local examples Anant ( talk) 18:52, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- Anant- I know that you did not start that statement, but you made three unsourced additions to it - hence my warning - Arjayay ( talk) 18:55, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- I could Anant, but it was added using an IPV6 which has only made that one edit, on 11 May 2020 - their IP address will have changed numerous times since then - even if they are still editing Wikipedia - Arjayay ( talk) 19:17, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|You deserve this for making me realise my mistake! OMGShay 92 ( talk) 18:02, 9 November 2020 (UTC)|
Arjayay Hello, Sir Greetings! May I request you to review and make an assessment? If it is right to remove the template(February 2016). Kindly help. Warm regards RAJIVVASUDEV ( talk) 04:17, 11 November 2020 (UTC)
I propose that u put this page into protected request to be semi-blocked permanently (yes, PERMANENTLY). Sesroh Fo Maerd I ( talk) 04:46, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Sesroh Fo Maerd I - as I am not an admin, I cannot protect any pages, you would need to make a request at
Wikipedia:Requests for page protection.
However, looking at the recent edit history at Second Anglo-Afghan War, there were only 7 edits in September, 4 in October and 9, so far, in November. With this level of editing, I doubt you would even get temporary semi-protection, let alone permanent. The page has had 6 protections in its history, the last was semi-protection for a month in April 2020. If you request protection too soon, and it is refused, another request shortly after will be flagged up as a re-request - which admins seem more reluctant to protect. I suggest you wait to see of there is more vandalism in November before making your request. - Best wishes - Arjayay ( talk) 10:58, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Thanks. I don't agree with that policy, but I am not going to debate you on that. Before linking the draft article on List of TCP and UDP port numbers I read the entire WP:DRAFT page. There is no mention there about the no-link policy. If you care about enforcing that policy, I suggest adding that info to WP:DRAFT.
There is explicit mention there of keeping draft to main namespace redirects. I don't see the need for that policy if not to preserve links that have been made to articles in the draft namespace, that have since been moved to the main namespace. Linking draft articles in mainspace is a great way of increasing eyeballs on the article and of testing & validating the existence of the draft article. The disclaimer on top of the draft article should suffice as a warning that it may not be in perfect shape, as is the case for millions of stub articles or articles with citation issues or any number of other issues. Just my 2 cents, since policy won't be made on this user talk page. Have a nice day. -- Azertus ( talk) 15:23, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Azertus - the specific link I gave on your page was to
MOS:DRAFTNOLINK which states "Do not create links to user, WikiProject, essay or draft pages in articles, except in articles about Wikipedia itself".
The software to automatically stop such links being added, should be activated shortly. Best wishes - Arjayay ( talk) 18:49, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Your entry on hunter biden is wrong where you said things have been debunked because i and millions of other people have seen evidence and documents showing that the allegations are founded and true and i think your biased opinion written as "fact" is dishonest and does the world a great disservice by attempting to cover up and lie for people that you most likely lean toward. You should practice some honesty and not cover up for criminals Avogel522 ( talk) 16:32, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Avogel522 - I have made 2 edits to the Hunter Biden page -
this edit on 21 September 2019 was to change "was a the" to "was the" and
this edit on 9 November changing the duplicate word "for for" to the singular "for".
If these edits are "wrong" or I have "said things have been debunked because i and millions of other people have seen evidence and documents showing that the allegations are founded and true and i think your biased opinion written as "fact" is dishonest and does the world a great disservice by attempting to cover up and lie for people that you most likely lean toward." then please explain how - or else apologise. Thank you - Arjayay ( talk) 18:40, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- It's the brand new user's only edit, Arjayay. I agree it's offensive, but perhaps they misunderstood something. Anyway, I hope you don't let it get to you.
tålk 19:04, 14 November 2020 (UTC).
Bishonen, I don't let these things get to me, I think this one just shows how little the editor understands - anyway, I've had a lot worse (I've even been indeffed by an editor who hacked an admin's account to do so) -
talk) 19:10, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Haha, have you really? That's quite a tribute. [Checks block log.] Very nice. You haven't been blocked by Jimbo, though! (I have.)
tålk 19:22, 14 November 2020 (UTC).
- Ok Bishonen, I concede - Arjayay ( talk) 19:31, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Haha, have you really? That's quite a tribute. [Checks block log.] Very nice. You haven't been blocked by Jimbo, though! (I have.) Bishonen | tålk 19:22, 14 November 2020 (UTC).
- No Bishonen, I don't let these things get to me, I think this one just shows how little the editor understands - anyway, I've had a lot worse (I've even been indeffed by an editor who hacked an admin's account to do so) - Arjayay ( talk) 19:10, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- It's the brand new user's only edit, Arjayay. I agree it's offensive, but perhaps they misunderstood something. Anyway, I hope you don't let it get to you. Bishonen | tålk 19:04, 14 November 2020 (UTC).
- Sorry, Right cite, I know nothing about this subject, all I did was remove the duplicate word in "of the the golden age" leaving "of the golden age " - Arjayay ( talk) 21:25, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, IP from Sacramento, I have no idea what you are talking about - Arjayay ( talk) 21:22, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
I saw your Name Ajay In Revision History for Criminal Minds Season 9 wikipedia so You must Hav watched Criminal Minds Season 9?( 2601:201:C002:89D0:1C23:1AE9:F7D1:B89E ( talk) 08:48, 16 November 2020 (UTC)).
- I've never even heard of Criminal Minds - I don't know if it has ever been shown in the UK, but it's not the sort of thing that I would watch anyway - Arjayay ( talk) 09:28, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- Have a look at my edit - I changed "remaning" to "remaining" - I do a lot of simple typo errors, but I don't need to even look at the page name, just correct the mistake - Arjayay ( talk) 19:52, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
Dear Arjayay this message to submite you the request to keep as protected the wiki page http://webot.org/info/en/?search=Princess_Bee. Unfortunately, as you can see in the edit history, the page has been subject to changes with the clear goal of offending the person and vandalizing the page itself. I therefore ask you to evaluate the possibility of making the page protected in order to prevent wikipedia from becoming a public insult tool in the future.
- Hello IP from Italy
Firstly, please sign all posts on talk pages with 4 tildes ( ~~~~ ) which will add your signature and a timestamp
As for your post, as I am not an admin, I cannot protect any pages, you would need to make a request at Wikipedia:Requests for page protection -Thank you - Arjayay ( talk) 15:43, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
The telivision career and her stage shows source is available as video link from YouTube which is not supporting to link them In Wikipedia page The entire part of her television career and stage shows is 100% true with accurate sources each and every show is available in YouTube , if you doesn't know about that , that doesn't mean it is not true or malformed make sure you do research before correcting the information provided . ( talk) 08:47, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
Tejako - Wikipedia doesn't work like that. You added 886 words and changed several others, without adding a single reference, and makde changes contrary to the
Manual of style
It is NOT up to the reader, or another editor, to check your edits, or add references, and Wikipedia is not interested in what you "know" or what I "don't know", just the facts given in reliable sources.
The WP:BURDEN is on whoever adds or changes information to provide a reference from a reliable source that supports those additions or changes.
Please also read Wikipedia:RSPYT which explains why YouTube is, generally, not a reliable source, so should not be used to source information in any case. - Arjayay ( talk) 10:05, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- G. Picanço This has been discussed at length, and the consensus is NOT to include it - as per the hidden text you keep deleting when you ignore this consensus - Arjayay ( talk) 11:17, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|Thank you for all your help in improving articles and correcting mistakes! The Ultimate Boss ( talk) 19:31, 18 November 2020 (UTC)|
From the policy page you linked: "Do not be afraid to create links to potential articles that do not yet exist (see § Red links)." We're building an encylopedia. Especially in cases where an article has already been created and needs to be moved to mainspace, delinking is counterproductive and damaging. FloridaArmy ( talk) 11:51, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
FloridaArmy - I think you are confusing redlinks with links to draft articles. The specific guideline I linked to,
MOS:DRAFTNOLINK, specifically states:-
- Do not create links to user, WikiProject, essay or draft pages in articles, except in articles about Wikipedia itself (see Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Self-references to avoid)
- That, clearly, covers my removal of
this link, to a draft article, that you added to
Roy Mack (director) -
talk) 12:26, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- AGAIN, I have not created any links to draft pages. None. Zero.
- Read the policy page YOU linked to in your edit summary. It covers linking. The WTAF page Lugnuts linked to covers lists and disambiguation pages. I'm not sure how else to explain to you that links are useful amd we're building an encyclopedia. Help move us forward. FloridaArmy ( talk) 12:29, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- I see in the case you specified I accidentally copied the "" to the title. It simply needed to be chopped off. One of many disadvantages of working in draft space on notable subject instead of mainspace is it greatly complicates editing. Sorry for the confusion. FloridaArmy ( talk) 12:33, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- "Station: Calcutta (Alipur) Climatological Table 1981–2010" (PDF). Climatological Normals 1981–2010. India Meteorological Department. January 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 February 2020. Retrieved 10 November 2020.
- "Extremes of Temperature & Rainfall for Indian Stations (Up to 2012)" (PDF). India Meteorological Department. December 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 October 2020. Retrieved 11 November 2020.