University of Northwestern Ohio Information
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President||Jeffrey Alan Jarvis, University of Northwestern Ohio|
|Colors||Burgundy and Gray|
The University of Northwestern Ohio (UNOH) is a private, coeducational, open admissions, not-for-profit university in Lima, Ohio, United States, that was founded as a college in 1920. The campus is 210 acres (85 ha) and has had students from all 50 states and 61 foreign countries. The university is authorized by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the Higher Learning Commission to grant master's degrees, bachelor degrees and associate degrees. 
The University of Northwestern Ohio is an entrepreneurial institution of higher learning, preparing students for careers and productive citizenship that encompass the business, professional, corporate and technological communities by providing quality education and training in response to the needs and aspirations of our constituents.
The College of Business offers Masters, Bachelor and Associate degrees.
The College of Occupational Professions offers Bachelor and Associate Degrees.
The College of Health Professions offers Bachelor and Associate Degrees.
The College of Applied Technologies offers Bachelor and Associate degrees, as well as Diplomas, and post Associate Certificate programs.
The Graduate College offers a Master of Business Administration degree.
UNOH is home to four dorm communities: College Park, Northwestern Park, Sherwood Park, and Racers Village. The dorms are apartment-style and feature bedrooms, common living areas, and some have kitchens and laundry facilities. The UNOH Indoor Athletic Complex is located across Cable Road from Campus and free for use by all current students. There is also Racers Station which serves as a home base for all Student Activities on campus such as movie nights, pool tournaments, dances, club meetings, and special events like Oktoberfest, May Daze, Welcome Week and more. Students can join several clubs during their tenure at UNOH such as the Race Club, Off-road Club, American Marketing Association, Optimist Club, Rotaract Chapter, Drag Club, and many more.
- The University of Northwestern Ohio is approved for participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. NC-SARA is a multi-state consortium that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. For more information about the SARA initiative and the progress of state and institutional membership, please visit http://nc-sara.org/sara-states-institutions.
- State of Ohio Bureau of Vocation Rehabilitation (for the training of disabled students)
- State of Ohio Department of Education (for the training of veterans)
- In 1994, The University of Northwestern Ohio was designated by the United States Department of Energy as one of six original Alternate Fuels training facilities in the United States
- National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium Training Center.
UNOH teams, nicknamed the Racers, are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, primarily competing in the Wolverine–Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). The Racers formerly competed as a member of the American Mideast Conference. Men's sports include baseball, basketball, bowling, golf, soccer and tennis; while women's sports include basketball, bowling, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball. There is also a Co-Ed motorsports team that races stock, modified, or drag-style cars.
Kappa Beta Delta International Business Honor Society and the National Technical Honor Society.
University of Northwestern Ohio helps to accommodate the interests of the entire student body by offering a wide variety of clubs and organizations for students. They include the American Marketing Association, Auto-Cross Club, Business Professionals of America, Crossroads Bible Group, Diesel Club, Digit - Digital Graphic Imaging in Technology Club, Drag Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Health Careers Club, Kappa Beta Delta Honor Society, Motorsports Team, UNOH FFA Collegiate Chapter, National Truck Equipment Association, Off-Road Club, Over-the-Wall Club, Politics Club, Race Club, UNOH Rotaract Chapter, SEMA Intern Program, Student Veterans of America Chapter, and the Technical Support Team. 
- Northwestern School of Commerce 1920-1970, North Elizabeth Street, Lima, OH
- 1972 Moved to Cable Road Campus
- Northwestern Business College 1970-1973
- Northwestern Business College-Technical Center 1974-1990
- Northwestern College 1990-2000
- University of Northwestern Ohio August 1, 2000
Firsts for the University of Northwestern Ohio
- 1920 1st College in Lima
- 1973 1st Automotive Diesel Program in State of Ohio
- 1977 1st Medical Assisting Program in Lima
- 1984 1st Residential College/University in Lima
- 1976 1st Travel & Tourism Degree in Lima
- 1987 1st Paralegal Program in Area
- 1993 1st Virtual College and College without Walls in Lima
- 1995 1st Baccalaureate Degrees in Lima in Business Administration, Accounting and Health Care Administration
- 1995 1st Alternate Fuels Program in Ohio
- 1995 1st Agri Business Management Degree in Lima
- 2000 1st Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree in Lima
- 2001 1st Microsoft IT Academy in Lima
- 2002 1st Specialized Studies Degree in Area
UNOH, the only university in the nation to own a race track (Limaland Motorsports Park), and the first university to offer scholarships for motorsports. UNOH has six co-ed motorsports stock and modified stock cars and teams that compete during race season at Limaland.
- HLC - Higher Learning Commission
- CAAHEP - The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- NATEF – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- PAHRA ARI - Partnership for Air Conditioning Heating Refrigeration Accreditation – Air-Conditioning Refrigeration Institute