This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President||Jeffrey Alan Jarvis, University of Northwestern Ohio|
|Colors||Burgundy and Gray|
The University of Northwestern Ohio (UNOH) is a private, coeducational, open admissions, not-for-profit university in Lima, Ohio, United States, that was founded as a college in 1920. The campus is 210 acres (85 ha) and has had students from all 50 states and 16 foreign countries. The university is authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents and the Higher Learning Commission to grant master's degrees, baccalaureate and associate degrees. 
The University of Northwestern Ohio is an entrepreneurial institution of higher learning, preparing students for careers and productive citizenship that encompass the business, professional, corporate and technological communities.
The College of Business offers Masters, Baccalaureate and associate degrees.
The College of Occupational Professions offers associate degrees, Diplomas, and Certificate programs.
The College of Health Professions of the University of Northwestern Ohio offers Baccalaureate Degrees, Associate Degrees, and Diplomas.
The College of Applied Technologies offers associate degrees, Diplomas, and Certificate programs.
The Graduate College offers a Master of Business Administration program.
UNOH is home to three sets of dorms: College Park, Sherwood Park, and Racer Village. These are listed in least expensive/size/luxuries and price. They also have an adequately equipped fitness center across Cable Road that is open every day to all students. Also across Cable Road is the student center, which features two lounges and an auditorium. Here, dances and various other student events are held throughout the year. Students can join several clubs during their tenure at UNOH such as the race club, off-road club, drag club, and many more.
- Certificate of Approval to Operate Issued By The Illinois State Superintendent of Education, 100 North First Street, Springfield, Illinois 62777
- State of Ohio Bureau of Vocation Rehabilitation (for the training of disabled students)
- State of Ohio Department of Education (for the training of veterans)
- In 1994, The University of Northwestern Ohio was designated by the United States Department of Energy as one of six original Alternate Fuels training facilities in the United States
- National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium Training Center.
Northwestern Ohio teams, nicknamed the Racers, are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, primarily competing in the Wolverine–Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC). The Racers formerly competed as a member of the American Mideast Conference. Men's sports include baseball, basketball, bowling, golf, soccer and tennis; while women's sports include basketball, bowling, golf, soccer (2013–14), softball (2013–14), tennis and volleyball.
Kappa Beta Delta International Business Honor Society and the National Technical Honor Society.
University of Northwestern Ohio helps to accommodate the interests of the entire student body by offering a wide variety of clubs and organizations for students. They include the Association of Computing Machinery Club, Auto-Cross Club, Business Professionals of America, Crossroads Bible Group, Cycling Club, Diesel Club, Digit, Drag Club, Hot Rod Club, Mera/UNOH Ambassador Program, Motorsports Team, National FFA Organization, National Truck Equipment Association, Off-Road Club, Over-the-Wall Club, Politics Club, Presidents Student Advisory Council, RC Racers Club, Race Club, SEMA Intern Program, Students in Free Enterprise, Technological Support Team, UNOH Collegiate Optimist Club, and UNOH Medical Assisting Student Group. 
- Northwestern School of Commerce 1920-1970, North Elizabeth Street, Lima, OH
- 1972 Moved to Cable Road Campus
- Northwestern Business College 1970-1973
- Northwestern Business College-Technical Center 1974-1990
- Northwestern College 1990-2000
- University of Northwestern Ohio August 1, 2000
Firsts for the University of Northwestern Ohio
- 1920 1st College in Lima
- 1973 1st Automotive Diesel Program in State of Ohio
- 1977 1st Medical Assisting Program in Lima
- 1984 1st Residential College/University in Lima
- 1976 1st Travel & Tourism Degree in Lima
- 1987 1st Paralegal Program in Area
- 1993 1st Virtual College and College without Walls in Lima
- 1995 1st Baccalaureate Degrees in Lima in Business Administration, Accounting and Health Care Administration
- 1995 1st Alternate Fuels Program in Ohio
- 1995 1st Agri Business Management Degree in Lima
- 2000 1st Accelerated Baccalaureate Degree in Lima
- 2001 1st Microsoft IT Academy in Lima
- 2002 1st Specialized Studies Degree in Area
UNOH, the only university in the nation to own a race track (Limaland Motorsports Park), and the first university to offer scholarships for motorsports. UNOH has six co-ed motorsports stock and modified stock cars and teams that compete during race season at Limaland.
- HLC - Higher Learning Commission
- CAAHEP - The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- NATEF – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation
- PAHRA ARI - Partnership for Air Conditioning Heating Refrigeration Accreditation – Air-Conditioning Refrigeration Institute