Pollard in 2009
|Born||January 6, 1982|
Utica, New York, U.S.
|Other names||New York|
Flavor of Love|
I Love New York
Celebrity Big Brother 17
Tiffany Pollard (born January 6, 1982),   sometimes known by her nickname New York, is an American reality television personality and actress. She first achieved public recognition for her participation in VH1's Flavor of Love and I Love New York.
Pollard was given the nickname "New York" by rapper Flavor Flav. She is also known colloquially by her self-proclaimed nickname, the "HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge)",  which she exclaimed in the Flavor of Love series to taunt her competitors. 
In 2016, Pollard took part in the British television series Celebrity Big Brother, finishing in fourth place. She was a cast member in the reality television series The Next:15. She and her mother were main cast members in the first season of the reality show Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn. On November 3, 2016, it was announced that she joined the second season of E! reality show Famously Single.
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Television appearances
- 3 Acting career
- 4 Filmography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Pollard was born in Utica, New York to Michelle Rothschild-Patterson (also known as "Sister Patterson") and Alex Pollard.  Pollard has used the surnames of both her parents, who are unmarried.  She attended John F. Kennedy Middle School and graduated from Thomas R. Proctor High School. 
Pollard was engaged to I Love New York season 1 winner Patrick "Tango" Hunter for a six-month period until Hunter called off the engagement on the reunion show.  She was also engaged to George "Tailor Made" Weisgerber, the winner of I Love New York 2. On September 8, 2008, she announced on episode 6 of her show, New York Goes to Hollywood, that she had officially separated from Weisgerber. 
Pollard clashed with virtually all the other contestants. Although these feuds were, in general, nothing more than screaming matches, an incident in the penultimate episode of season one led to violence. After her elimination, an outraged Brooke "Pumkin" Thompson spat on Pollard after the two had exchanged words.  Pollard vowed to "whoop Pumkin's ass", and attempted to do so at the season one reunion.  The moment was rated number one on various VH1 and MTV reality show specials, including VH1's 20 Greatest Celebreality Fights.[ citation needed] The final two contestants journeyed to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where Flavor Flav chose Nicole "Hoopz" Alexander over Pollard, to be his mate. 
After his relationship did not work out with Alexander, Flavor Flav chose to do a second season of his dating show and invited Pollard to help him eliminate contestants halfway through the season. She agreed and was later added as a participant.  In the finale, Flav chose Deelishis over Pollard.  Pollard verbally fought with Flav in the season finale, asking why he had brought her back only to be ultimately eliminated. 
I Love New York was Tiffany Pollard's first reality television series on VH1. The series is a spin-off of another relationship competition series, the Flavor of Love, which featured Pollard as a finalist in two consecutive seasons. In July 2006, VH1 published a casting call for contestants for a new series tentatively titled The Flavorette. Various blogs speculated that the star of this program could be Flavor of Love season 1 contestant Rain, Hoopz ( Nicole Alexander) or Pollard. Before the season 2 Flavor of Love finale, Pollard denied having her own show but after the finale aired, she confirmed she was the "Flavorette" and that she was already down to the final three contestants. The show premiered on Monday, January 8, 2007 and was the most-watched series debut in VH1 history with 4.426 million viewers.  Its season 1 finale brought in 4.8M million viewers and its reunion show ratings held 5.01 million viewers. Spin-offs from the series include I Love Money, New York Goes to Hollywood, Real Chance of Love, New York Goes to Work, and Frank the Entertainer in a Basement Affair.
I Love New York 2 premiered October 8, 2007 on VH1.  In the finale of I Love New York 2, contestant "Tailor Made" (real name George Weisgerber) proposed to Pollard, but was turned down. The finale earned 5.4 million viewers. During the I Love New York 2 reunion special, Tailor Made proposed a second time and Pollard accepted. The reunion special earned 4.86 million viewers.  
New York Goes to Hollywood premiered August 4, 2008 on VH1. The eight episode season follows Pollard as she tries to establish herself as an actress in Hollywood, California.
New York Goes to Work premiered on May 4, 2009. The reality show followed Pollard as she searches for a regular job.  The jobs were selected by fans (via text messaging) from a list of three possible jobs for each episode. Pollard would receive a $10,000 bonus each week if she were able to impress her employer. However, if she quit, failed or was fired, she would not receive a bonus for the week. Pollard won $45000 over the series, earning bonuses in 4 jobs (in episodes 1, 2, 5 and 6); losing, failing in, or quitting 4 jobs (in episodes 3, 4, 7 and 8); and coming to a draw in the season finale. At the end of the series, a mobile poll was presented giving three choices for New York's next task, and the most votes were cast for I Love New York 3.
Production for I Love New York 3 was set to kick off sometime in the first quarter of 2010; however, prior to that time frame, VH1 requested immediate cancellation on the Celebreality franchise and shelved plans for I Love New York 3. In the summer of 2011, Pollard hinted that I Love New York 3 was cancelled due to the murder-suicide case of Ryan Jenkins, who was a former contestant of Megan Wants a Millionaire. 
On April 14, 2015, Pollard appeared on an episode of the E! Network's series, Botched, where she details her botched surgeries that have left her breasts sagging with extra skin. She appears on the show in hopes of getting them corrected, so she may resume her reality TV career.   
On January 5, 2016, Pollard entered the Celebrity Big Brother house in the United Kingdom to participate in the seventeenth season of the show. She was involved in an infamous misunderstanding in which Pollard believed that David Gest had died of cancer inside the house; it subsequently turned out to be David Bowie that had died, the ex-husband of fellow housemate Angie Bowie.  Throughout her time on the show, Pollard proved popular with the British public, and achieved the most votes to save over her fellow contestants on at least one occasion. On February 5, Pollard made the final and came in fourth place - ranking higher than any other American female who had been on the show.  Due to her popularity on the show, Pollard appeared in many UK publications including New! magazine. She also became a regular fixture on the Big Brother spin off show Big Brother's Bit on the Side during Big Brother 17 (UK).
In January 2016, Pollard was announced as a main cast member on TV One's The Next :15 which premiered on February 10, 2016.  In February 2016, Pollard was announced as a cast member on the first season of Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn which premiered on March 16, 2016 on VH1. In August 2016, it was announced that Pollard would host new gay dating show, The Ex in which she also served as executive producer. The show hasn't been picked up by a network yet.   On February 9, 2017, Tiffany's VH1 digital series Brunch with Tiffany premiered. The series follows Tiffany as she informally interviews a celebrity guest over brunch. The pilot featured Real Housewives of New York star Sonja Morgan. 
Several images and GIFs of Pollard, taken from her various VH1 appearances, have developed into internet memes on social network sites such as Tumblr and Twitter.  A notable example includes "New York on a Bed," which became a popular meme on Twitter used to express emotions of frustration and discomfort as well as moments of awkwardness. 
Pollard participated in a 2009 national tour of the Vagina Monologues with an all-black cast, most of whom are also former reality show contestants.  Pollard has also appeared in a play called The Clean Up Woman in 2009, and The Trial of The Chicago 7 in 2010.
|2008||First Sunday||Client||As Omunique's Client|
|2006–2007||Flavor of Love||Contestant and runner-up of first 2 seasons; 18 episodes|
|2007–2008||I Love New York||Herself; 2 seasons|
|2007||The Tyra Banks Show||Guest|
|Jimmy Kimmel Live||Guest|
|MTV's Say What? Karaoke||Guest|
|Nip/Tuck||1 episode, season 5 |
|Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School||1 episode |
|VH1's 20 Greatest Celebreality Fights||Commentary|
|What Perez Sez||1 episode|
|2008||New York Goes to Hollywood||Herself|
|2009||New York Goes to Work||Herself|
|2011||Baggage||Season 3 Episode 71|
|2012||DTLA||Episode 3 and 4|
|Life After||1 episode|
|2013||That Sex Show||Commentary|
|2015||Botched||Herself; 1 Episode|
|Candidly Nicole||Herself; Season 2 Episode 8|
|2016||Celebrity Big Brother||Housemate; 4th place|
|The Saturday Show||Guest; Interviewee - 6 February 2016|
|This Morning||Guest; Interviewee - 8 February 2016|
|The Next :15||Cast member|
|Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn||Herself|
|Up Late with Rylan||Guest; Interviewee|
|Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Herself; panellist|
|Scared Famous||Herself; contestant|
|Braxton Family Values||Herself|
|2019||RuPaul's Drag Race||Guest judge; season 11|
|2009||The Clean Up Woman|
|2010||The Trial of the Chicago 7|
|2017–present||Brunch with Tiffany||Host; on VH1's YouTube channel|
- Tiffany Pollard on IMDb
- Breen, Matthew (January 2007). "Who Loves You, Baby?". Out. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- "CNY native Tiffany 'New York' Pollard no longer 'Botched': 'The HBIC is back'". The Post-Standard. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Flavor of Love: Boxin Each Other Out". TV.com. September 2006. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
"Ask New York – More of Your Questions Answered".
VH1 Blog. November 29, 2007. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in:
- Daniels, Karu F. (2007-01-06). "Miss New York: Busting Loose, Part One". Black Voices. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- LaRue, William (January 8, 2007). "She loves VH1 ... and it loves her". The Post-Standard.
- De Leon, Kris. (April 17, 2007). "I Love New York Star Rejected By Her Chosen Suitor". BuddyTV. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "New York Goes to Hollywood: Episode 6 Extras". VH1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Bellino, Damian (May 11, 2017). "Tiffany Pollard Gets Surprisingly Serious Revealing Her Bipolar Disorder to Sky on Brunch with Tiffany". VH1. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- "Flavor Of Love: The Spit Hits The Fan". VH1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "Flavor Of Love: Reunion Exclusives!". VH1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Roberts, Caroline. (March 13, 2006). "A Dose of Reality: Flavor of Love – Finale". The Trades. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Kahn, Daniel. (October 13, 2006). "Feeling the Flavor". Brandeis Hoot. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Ryan, Joal. (October 18, 2007). "A Deelishis Ratings Hit". E! Online. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "Flavor of Love 2 Finale: Belize in Love". VH1.com. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "New York, White Rapper Make VH1 Sing". Multichannel News. January 11, 2007. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- "VH1 Premieres 'I Love New York 2' on Monday, October 8 AT 9PM". The Futon Critic. October 1, 2007. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Kaplan, Don (December 18, 2007). "New York in Love, Tailor Made Suits VH1 Star". New York Post. Retrieved December 19, 2007.
- Baker, K.C. "I Love New York star engaged to Tailor Made". People. Retrieved December 26, 2007.
- "New York Goes to Work, Comes Back to VH1". VH1. March 27, 2009. Archived from the original on March 28, 2009. Retrieved March 27, 2009.
- New York Explains Why There Wasn't Another "Flavor of Love". YouTube. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Tiffany "New York" Pollard Returns On E! Show "Botched"". BallerStatus.com. April 15, 2015.
- "Reality Star Tiffany New York Pollard Thinks Her Boobs Are Jacked Up—See the Botched Sneak Peek! on Botched". E! Online. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Tiffany Pollard is hysterical on CBB after thinking David Gest died".
- Greenwood, Carl (5 February 2016). "Celebrity Big Brother winner announced".
- "'The Next 15' Brings Your Favorite Reality Stars Back to TV in February". 8 January 2016.
- "Tiffany "New York" Pollard Set To Host New Gay Dating Show".
- Slead, Evan (August 30, 2016). "Tiffany 'New York' Pollard is hosting a unique gay dating series". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- "Tiffany Pollard Talks Plastic Surgery, Dating, and Lots of Sex with Sonja Morgan on Brunch with Tiffany".
- Bellino, Damian. "VH1 Announces Scared Famous Starring Tiffany Pollard, Drita D'Avanzo, Alaska Thunderf-uck, and More!". VH1 News. Viacom International. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Who is CBB 2016 housemate Tiffany Pollard aka New York?". 4 January 2016.
- "The "New York" On A Bed Meme Is The Only Meme You Need This Summer".
- Dehnart, Andy (February 5, 2009). "Reality Stars Will Perform in the Vagina Monologues". Reality Blurred.
- West, Kelly (December 3, 2007). "New York Set To Guest Star On Nip/Tuck This Week". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Sicha, Choire (July 27, 2008). "Sunday Conversation: Tiffany Pollard". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-03-14.