|WikiProject Missouri||(Rated Template-class)|
Is there an opinion on weather we should link to the metropolitan area articles or to the straight to the city articles. I'm thinking we might link to the metros for St. Louis and Kansas City, but link to the city articles for the others, just because, the metro area articles are either non-existent or poorly developed for the smaller cities. Grey Wanderer | Talk 03:37, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
--in every case the metro areas are larger than the cities. a metro is by definition not just A city. Linking to a city falsely makes the city the metro. User:flyingember
Thanks -- I overlooked the mis-alphabetization in the county list. I took it directly from the list of missouri counties, so someone needs to change that article, too. jaknouse 02:18, 20 May 2004 (UTC)
I added the metro areas in by 2003 population size. I don't expect the rankings to change much anytime soon. - flyingember
Wikipedia:WikiProject U.S. states/state templates lists and displays all 50 U.S. state (and additional other) templates. It potentially can be used for ideas and standardization. // MrD9 07:18, 19 March 2006 (UTC)
- The metro areas are in order by census size. Columbia is smaller today than the Joplin area was 3 years ago and both have grown. Please keep the order as is. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Flyingember ( talk • contribs)
- The order is now alphabetized, as specified by the standards for state templets. In addition only United States metropolitan areas are listed. This is a fair way to avoid arguments about size and importance. Grey Wanderer 22:21, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
Once again, state templets contain the cities and counties in alphabetical order, please don't change this, I'm willing to debate whether we should link to cities or metro areas. Grey Wanderer | Talk 03:33, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
There is currently an ongoing discussion regarding standardization of state templates (primarily regarding layout and styling) at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject U.S. states/state templates. An effort was made earlier this year to standardize Canadian province templates (which mostly succeeded). Lovelac7 and I have already begun standardizing all state templates. If you have any concerns, they should be directed toward the discussion page for state template standardization. Thanks! — Webdinger BLAH | SZ 22:53, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- Added a topics section and alphabetized metro areas Grey Wanderer 22:24, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
The largest cities are added by the latest census data and is limited to the top 25.
- I removed where someone added in their hometown on the end of the list.
To the above item, My apologies. I was new to the website, and was not sure how to add a city. I knew it should be up there because Belton is bigger than Raytown, a listed city. -- Geobeedude 20:25, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
- Only metros areas are listed now ( United States metropolitan area). Grey Wanderer 22:24, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
Sedalia is NOT anywhere near the top 25 cities by size in the state. Please consult with census data before changing this list. The 2006 estimates were used for the current order.
Unless there is a page for Pony Express Region it should not be added to the regions section. The St. Joseph, Missouri Metropolitan Area is already linked once in the template. If you feel that Pony Express Region deserves an article create one, however I'm not sure that Pony Express Region is anything more than another description for the St. joseph and surrounding areas, you will probably need a stronger source than just a tourism department with that title or the article will most likely be deleted. Grey Wanderer | Talk 19:13, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
- update: I've created Pony Express Region as a redirect to St. Joseph, Missouri Metropolitan Area (which incidentally I renamed from St. Joseph metropolitan area). Grey Wanderer | Talk 19:25, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
It covers more than just St Joseph.
http://www.emints.org/ethemes/resources/S00000697.shtml Includes NWMSU
http://missouriprayer.com/regionsMap.html Roughly 12 counties of the state
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4185/is_20060617/ai_n16494431 MO Bankers Association uses the term
- I'm fine with adding it if it has its own article, there is no reason to link St. Joseph, Missouri Metropolitan Area twice. Beware if you create the article, organizations Missouri Prayer and Mo bankers association are not appropriate sources. Grey Wanderer | Talk 04:42, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
I updated the Great Rivers Road article to account for it being a meta region of the US and in each state. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Flyingember ( talk • contribs) 15:40, 25 October 2007 (UTC)