|Taum Sauk Mountain State Park|
The highest point in Missouri: Taum Sauk summit
|Location||Iron County & Reynolds County, Missouri, United States|
TAUM SAUK MOUNTAIN STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||8,732.23 acres (35.3381 km2) |
|Elevation||1,772 ft (540 m) |
|Designation||Missouri state park|
|Visitors||144,160 (in 2017) |
|Administrator||Missouri Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Taum Sauk Mountain State Park|
Taum Sauk Mountain State Park is a Missouri state park located in the St. Francois Mountains in the Ozarks. The park encompasses Taum Sauk Mountain, the highest point in the state.  The Taum Sauk portion of the Ozark Trail connects the park with nearby Johnson's Shut-ins State Park  and the Bell Mountain Wilderness Area, which together are part of a large wilderness area popular with hikers and backpackers.
The park has a rustic campground, a paved trail to the highpoint, picnic facilities, and a lookout tower providing a view the dense mountain forest obscures from other vantage points.
Mina Sauk Falls, the highest waterfall in Missouri,  is reached via a rugged trail that makes a three-mile (5 km) loop from the highpoint parking area.  The falls have cascading waters only during times of wet weather; at other times they are reduced to a trickle or less.
High point plaque on Taum Sauk
- "Taum Sauk Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Taum Sauk Mountain State Park: Data Sheet" (PDF). Missouri Department of Natural Resources. November 2017. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- "State Park Land Acquisition Summary". Missouri State Parks. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Taum Sauk Mountain State Park". Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Taum Sauk Section". The Ozark Trail. Ozark Trail Association. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "St. Francois Mountains Natural Area". Missouri Department of Conservation. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- "Taum Sauk Mountain State Park: Trails". Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved September 8, 2014.