|This is the
talk page for discussing improvements to the
Puerto Rico article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|Puerto Rico has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Geography. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
|This article is written in American English, which has its own spelling conventions (color, labor, traveled), and some terms that are used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|Puerto Rico was one of the Geography and places good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
Threads older than 30 days may be archived by .
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Puerto Rico. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20170910132716/http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/damage-hurricane-irma-caribbean-49703893 to http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/damage-hurricane-irma-caribbean-49703893
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
As of February 2018, "External links modified" talk page sections are no longer generated or monitored by InternetArchiveBot. No special action is required regarding these talk page notices, other than
regular verification using the archive tool instructions below. Editors
have permission to delete the "External links modified" sections if they want, but see the
RfC before doing mass systematic removals. This message is updated dynamically through the template
sourcecheck}} (last update: 15 July 2018).
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
edit request has been answered. Set the |
KIDDOANDRE ( talk) 20:35, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
To this date, there are many people still affected by the hurricane. Some people still don't have running water and power, with this said there are many people in need. Many think and say that the US helped with the empowerment of Trump as United Stated of American governor but that is not true.
Tourism The tourism industry is committed and continuing sharing the beauty of Puerto Rico and providing excellent service to visitors. Tourism certainly took a big hit the first months after Hurricane Maria, but hotels, communities and organizations have been hard at work restoring tourist areas in order to continue offering guests fantastic experiences. Most of the hotels are fully operational, various resorts are still closed but began taking reservations for later dates. And for the most art the tourism area is restored. There is a need of money within our country.
"El Yunque took the number one spot for Best attraction, USA today readers made it #1 and it certainly deserved to get that spot honoring all the years it brought magic to all that visited. Hurricane Maria destroyed our beloved rainforest, it will take many years to recover, it is currently closed. As soon as it opens we encourage visitors to go in order to see a world class attraction come back to its glory. For updates on hurricane recovery, how you can help and areas open, visit official website."
- Not done It is not clear what you want changed. You would need to be very specific and it would need to be backed by multiple sources outside of Wikipedia. Fyunck(click) ( talk) 21:07, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
An independent investigation ordered by Puerto Rico's government estimates that 2,975 people died within six months as a result of Hurricane Maria. The findings were issued by the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2001:8A0:7AE6:3F00:ACCF:4B6:634F:2E8A ( talk) 18:37, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
Apparently many people on Wikipedia are confused about territories. People who think the territories of the United States are "in the United States", answer me this - why are they not included in the official US population count? Only the fifty states and D.C. are included in the official population count by the census bureau. Also, I challenge one of you to find one official US government statement that is valid stating that Puerto Rico is "in the United States". The fact that US territories are not "in the United States" needs to be standardized throughout Wikipedia. Led8000 ( talk) 11:13, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- The article is fairly clear about this - "is an unincorporated territory of the United States", with much of it devoted to its status as a territory and the implications therein (voting, representation, etc) . What edit are you proposing? MartinezMD ( talk) 13:07, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
Spanish is a de facto formal working language in official documents and government transactions and is one of the most widely spoken and written languages. The vast majority of Puerto Ricans do not use English regularly in 2000, the local government, in collaboration with federal government in the United States, conducted a census to find out the most prevalent and widespread languages among the population. 71.9% of Puerto Ricans spoke English at low and small rates. It was also found that 85.6% spoke in a languages other than English, such as indigenous people (most of whom use Spanish as a second language to speak and talk). Mr. James Dimsey ( talk) 07:30, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
edit request has been answered. Set the |
In the second paragraph in the introduction, there is a bit of redundancy in the following sentence: Spanish and English are the official languages, although though Spanish predominates. Either the word although or though need to be taken out. - 184.108.40.206 ( talk) 00:26, 21 December 2018 (UTC) 220.127.116.11 ( talk) 00:26, 21 December 2018 (UTC)
- I'm an english-only reader & this is English Language Wikipedia. Would be best to have things here written in english. There's
Spanish Wikipedia for spanish written text.
talk) 23:36, 21 December 2018 (UTC)
- Amazed to see you're still flying the anti-diacritic flag GoodDay. But silence here indicates that WP Puerto Rico is dormant.
In ictu oculi (
talk) 08:33, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not amazed that you're still flying the pro-diacritics flag In ictu oculi. Yes, this WikiProject is dormant.
talk) 15:58, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
- WP:UE says to use English but that it's OK to use (the marked up name with the weird characters that English readers are unfamiliar with), if that's what the sources show. Namely the https://permanent.access.gpo.gov/gpo35934/cph-2-53.pdf US Census] shows barrio names with the accent marks.-- the eloquent peasant ( talk) 00:55, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not amazed that you're still flying the pro-diacritics flag In ictu oculi. Yes, this WikiProject is dormant. GoodDay ( talk) 15:58, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
- Amazed to see you're still flying the anti-diacritic flag GoodDay. But silence here indicates that WP Puerto Rico is dormant. In ictu oculi ( talk) 08:33, 23 December 2018 (UTC)