Staunton National Cemetery
|Location||901 Richmond Ave., Staunton, Virginia|
STAUNTON NATIONAL CEMETERY Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||1.2 acres (0.49 ha)|
|Architect||Meigs, Montgomery C.|
|Architectural style||Second Empire|
|MPS||Civil War Era National Cemeteries MPS|
|NRHP reference #||96000034 |
|Added to NRHP||February 26, 1996|
|Designated VLR||October 18, 1995 |
Staunton National Cemetery is a United States National Cemetery located in the Shenandoah Valley, in Staunton, Virginia. Administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, it encompasses just over a single acre, and as of the end of 2005 had 994 interments. It is closed to new interments, and is maintained by the Culpeper National Cemetery.
Designated a National Cemetery in September 1868, the original interments consisted of the remains of Union soldiers removed from Staunton's Thornrose Cemetery, several local battlefields, and nearby towns and counties. Many were soldiers who died during the American Civil War at the Battle of Cross Keys, Battle of Port Republic, and the Battle of Piedmont. More than 500 of these soldiers were reinterred as unknowns. 
- Captain Nicolae Dunca (1837–1862), a Union officer on the staff of Gen. John C. Fremont  and a Romanian by birth, who was killed while carrying a dispatch during the Battle of Cross Keys.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Virginia Landmarks Register". Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- Therese T. Sammartino (September 1995). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Evans House" (PDF). Virginia Department of Historic Resources. and Accompanying photo
- Capt Nicolae Dunca at Find a Grave
- National Cemetery Administration
- Staunton National Cemetery
- Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS) No. VA-20, " 2036/ Staunton National Cemetery, 901 Richmond Avenue, Staunton, Staunton, VA", 22 photos, 2 photo caption pages
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Staunton National Cemetery
- Staunton National Cemetery at Find a Grave