St. Joseph Township, Champaign County, Illinois Information
Saint Joseph Township
Location in Champaign County
Champaign County's location in Illinois
ST. JOSEPH TOWNSHIP CHAMPAIGN COUNTY ILLINOIS Latitude and Longitude:
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||36.63 sq mi (94.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.48 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.41%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||161.1/sq mi (62.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 ( CST)|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-5 ( CDT)|
St. Joseph is Township 19 North, Range 10 East of the Third Principal Meridian.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.63 square miles (94.9 km2), of which 36.48 square miles (94.5 km2) (or 99.59%) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) (or 0.41%) is water. 
The Kickapoo Rail Trail follows the former Big Four—Conrail System railroad right–of–way along U.S. Route 150 from the City of Urbana to the Village of St. Joseph.
Mt. Olive Cemetery (Section 7) is west of Mayview on the north side of U.S. Route 150.
Full′s Siding elevator (Section 17) was built on the Big Four—Conrail System railroad. The concrete silos and steel bins are on the south side of U.S. Route 150 east of Mayview.
Mayview elevators (Section 18), built on the Big Four—Conrail System railroad, are no longer standing. J.B. Walton and Son and E.C. Saddoris were operators in 1913.
St. Joseph elevator (Section 14), built on the Big Four—Conrail System railroad, is in the Village of St. Joseph. Operated by the Rising Farmer's Grain Company in 1918.
Tipton elevator (Section 26) was built on the Chicago and Eastern Illinois—Union Pacific railroad. Operated by Dryer and Burt Grain and Coal in 1913; Ogden and Burt in 1929.
|U.S. Decennial Census |
- "St. Joseph Township, Champaign County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.