|Spirit Mountain Wilderness|
near the summit of Spirit Mountain
|Location||Clark County, Nevada, USA|
|Nearest city||Bullhead City, Arizona|
SPIRIT MOUNTAIN WILDERNESS Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||33,518 acres (13,564 ha)|
National Park Service|
Bureau of Land Management
Spirit Mountain Wilderness Area is a 33,518-acre (13,564 ha) wilderness area located in the Newberry Mountains in Clark County, Nevada, 10 miles (16 km) northwest of Laughlin.  Spirit Mountain lies within the area.   It is managed by the Bureau of Land Management and the National Park Service.
The area was in the homeland of the Yuman Indians.  Yuman and Mojave people believe all life began on this mountain, which is visible for miles from Bullhead City in Arizona, Needles in California, and Laughlin, Cal-Nev-Ari, and Searchlight in Nevada.
- "Spirit Mountain Wilderness Map". Wilderness.net. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Spirit Mountain Wilderness Area Map". Bureau of Land Management. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Spirit Mountain Wilderness Area". BirdandHike.com. 2008-12-24. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Clark County Wilderness Areas". Outside Las Vegas Foundation. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Spirit Mountain Wilderness" (PDF). Bureau of Land Management. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-30. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|