Southern Michigan Information
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Southern Michigan is located between the Western and Southeastern regions of Michigan.
|Location||Michigan, United States|
Southern Michigan is a loosely defined geographic area of the U.S. state of Michigan. Southern Michigan may be referred to as a sub-region or component area to other regions of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. It is an area of rolling farmland, including the Irish Hills. It is usually defined as an area South of a Muskegon to Port Huron line. The region shares a state border with Indiana and Ohio.
Depending on the viewer's perspective, the area known as Southern Michigan can fall into three well defined and larger regions of the state:
- Central Michigan the Greater Lansing and the Flint and Tri-Cities area.
- West Michigan the area surrounding Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, which share similarities with other cities in Michiana and on the Lake Michigan shore.
- Southeast Michigan includes Metro Detroit and outlying cities such as Ann Arbor, Adrian, and Jackson
- List of counties in Michigan
- Mid or Central Michigan
- West Michigan
- Southeastern Michigan
- Lower Peninsula of Michigan
- Lansing metropolitan area
- Clarke Historical Library, Central Michigan University, Bibliography on Michigan (arranged by counties and regions)
- Michigan Geology -- Clarke Historical Library, Central Michigan University.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources website, harbors, hunting, resources and more.
- Info Michigan, detailed information on 630 cities
- List of Museums, other attractions compiled by state government.
- Michigan's Official Economic Development and Travel Site.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Michigan". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- Map of Michigan Lighthouse in PDF Format.
|This Michigan state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|