This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2015) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Texas Secretary of State is one of the six members of the executive department of the state of Texas, in the United States. Under the Texas Constitution, the appointment is made by the Governor, with confirmation by the Texas Senate. Rolando Pablos is the 111th person to hold the office. He was appointed by Greg Abbott, and sworn in on January 6, 2017. Pablos has announced his resignation, effective December 15, 2018.
The Secretary of State is the chief elections officer, the protocol officer for state and international matters, and the liaison for the governor on Mexican and border matters. 
The Secretary of State offices are in the James Earl Rudder State Office Building at 1019 Brazos Street in Austin; the main building handles business and public filings, statutory documents, administrative code open meetings, and the UCC. The SOS elections office is on the second floor of the James Earl Rudder Building . The executive offices are in Room 1E.8 in the Texas State Capitol.   
Under the Texas Constitution the Secretary of State is, with the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, the Commissioner of the Office of General Land and the Attorney General, one of the six members of the Executive Department. Of these offices all are elected by the voters in statewide elections except the Secretary of State, who is nominated by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate.
The Secretary of State administers the Texas Election Code, maintains public filings, and is the keeper of the State Seal of Texas.  The Secretary of State also issues appointments for notaries public. 
Since then, Texas became a state of the United States in 1845 and there have been 109 Secretaries of State.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings --January 16, 1998". www.nps.gov. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- " About the Office." Secretary of State of Texas. Accessed August 31, 2008.
- "Contact Us". www.sos.state.tx.us. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- " SOS Map and Driving Directions to the Texas Secretary of State Office." Secretary of State of Texas. Accessed August 31, 2008.
- " Thomas Jefferson Rusk Building." State Office of Risk Management. Accessed August 31, 2008.
- " Transmitting Documents to the Secretary of State." Secretary of State of Texas. Accessed October 24, 2008.
- " Constitutional Duties." Secretary of State of Texas. Accessed August 31, 2008.
- "GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 406. NOTARY PUBLIC; COMMISSIONER OF DEEDS". www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- " History of the Office." Secretary of State of Texas. Accessed August 31, 2008.