|San Juan National Historic Site|
|Location||San Juan, Puerto Rico, U.S.|
SAN JUAN NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||75.13 acres (30.40 ha)|
53.20 acres (21.53 ha) federal
|Established||February 14, 1949|
|Visitors||1,054,492 (in 2005)|
|Governing body||National Park Service|
|Website||San Juan National Historic Site|
|Designated||October 15, 1966|
|Reference no.||66000930 |
|UNESCO World Heritage site|
|Part of||La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site in Puerto Rico|
|Inscription||1983 (7th Session)|
San Juan National Historic Site ( Spanish: Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan) in the Old San Juan section of San Juan, Puerto Rico, is a National Park Service-managed historic site which protects and interprets colonial-era forts such as Castillo San Felipe del Morro, bastions, powder houses, and three fourths of the old city wall.
By a February 14, 1949 decree the site was established, and noted the need to protect the fortifications as monuments as well as preserve their historical and architectural value. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966.
On December 6, 1983, the park and La Fortaleza were together designated a World Heritage Site under the name "La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site in Puerto Rico".  Only 12 national park areas in the United States are considered World Heritage Sites.
Site includes: 
- Castillo San Cristóbal
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro
- City Walls of Old San Juan
- Fortín San Juan de la Cruz (El Cañuelo)
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "La Fortaleza and San Juan National Historic Site". UNESCO. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- www.nps.en.gov National Park Service - San Juan National Historic Site - The Gibraltar of the Caribbean -Retrieved December 01, 2014
- The National Parks: Index 2001-2003. Washington: U.S. Department of the Interior.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Juan National Historic Site.|