|Mayor of Cedar Rapids|
January 2010 – January 2018
|Preceded by||Kay Halloran|
|Succeeded by||Brad Hart|
|Born||October 12, 1960|
Erie, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Cornell College ( BA)|
Ron Corbett (born October 12, 1960) is an American politician and former mayor of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  A member of the Republican Party of Iowa, he was not eligible to be a candidate for the Iowa gubernatorial election, 2018 due to insufficient petition signers.
After graduation, Corbett worked for The Equitable Life Insurance Company as an agent for ten years. In 1986 he was elected to the Iowa House of Representatives, where he served 7 terms. He was Speaker of the House from 1995 to 1999.  He then resigned his House seat to become president of the Cedar Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce.   He left that position for a Cedar Rapids based international trucking firm, CRST, working directly under executive director John Smith.
He was elected mayor of Cedar Rapids in 2009 with 62% of the vote.   He was reelected to another four-year term in 2013. In December 2016, he announced that he would not seek reelection for mayor of Cedar Rapids but would instead consider a run for the Republican nomination for governor of Iowa in 2018. 
In 2015, he resigned from CRST and launched Engage Iowa, a conservative think tank of which he serves as president.  Its first policy initiative, on water quality and state tax reform, was introduced in November 2015. 
- "Ron Corbett Mayor". City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Ron Corbett: Wants to get city back on track". GazetteOnline.com. Oct 25, 2009. Archived from the original on January 24, 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Ron Corbett
- "Cornell alumnus elected mayor of Cedar Rapids". Cornell College. November 4, 2009. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Smith, Rick (Nov 4, 2009). "Corbett will be Cedar Rapids mayor". GazetteOnline.com. Archived from the original on January 23, 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Morelli, B. A. (December 19, 2016). "Cedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett will not seek re-election, fans flames of gubernatorial run: 'I want to see how things play out over the next few months,' he says". The Gazette. Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Retrieved March 9, 2017.
- "Mayor Ron Corbett launches 'conservative think tank' | The Gazette". The Gazette. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Corbett's Engage Iowa pushes flat income tax, clean water | The Gazette". The Gazette. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
Mayor of Cedar Rapids
|This article about a mayor in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|