The June 26, 2016 edition of the
|Owner(s)||Euclid Media Group|
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.|
The Riverfront Times (RFT) is a progressive weekly newspaper in St. Louis, in the U.S. state of Missouri that consists of local politics, music, arts and dining news in the print edition and daily updates to blogs and photo galleries on its website. As of June 2008, the Riverfront Times has an ABC-audited weekly circulation of 81,276 copies. 
The paper was founded in 1977 by Ray Hartmann   who, along with co-owner Mark Vittert, sold the newspaper in 1998 to New Times Media    (later known, following a 2006 merger, as Village Voice Media).   In September 2012, Village Voice Media executives Scott Tobias, Christine Brennan and Jeff Mars agreed to purchase Village Voice Media's papers and associated web properties from its founders and formed Voice Media Group.  In 2015, Euclid Media Group acquired the Times from Voice Media Group. 
The paper has received more than three dozen awards from the Missouri Press Association,[ citation needed] along with the group's Gold Cup.[ citation needed] The paper and website also currently feature a weekly syndicated column by relationship and sex advice writer Dan Savage. In the past the paper carried Chuck Sheppard's News of the Weird column.
- "Association of Alternative Newsweeklies". Association of Alternative Newsweeklies. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- Underground, The Christian Science Monitor, May 20, 1980 (noting "Ray Hartmann's fledgling Riverfront Times ...")
- WELL ESTABLISHED: RAY HARTMANN HAS TURNED AN ALTERNATIVE PAPER INTO A 20-YEAR-OLD COMMUNITY FIXTURE, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, November 16, 1997
- "New Times, Inc. Buys Riverfront Times". Association of Alternative Newsweeklies. 1998-09-16. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- Riverfront Times being sold to chain, St. Louis Business Journal, September 24, 1998
- PHOENIX CHAIN BUYS RIVERFRONT TIMES PRICE IS ESTIMATED AT $6-10 MILLION, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, September 25, 1998
- Riverfront Times turns 30, St. Louis Journalism Review (October 2007)
- Riverfront Times parent to merge with Village Voice, St. Louis Business Journal, October 24, 2005
- "Village Voice Media Execs Acquire The Company's Famed Alt Weeklies, Form New Holding Company". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Euclid Media Group Acquires St. Louis Weekly, Riverfront Times". AltWeeklies.com. 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2015-05-24.