|Quinn Canyon Wilderness|
|Location||Nye County, Nevada USA|
|Nearest city||Tonopah, NV|
QUINN CANYON WILDERNESS Latitude and Longitude:
|Governing body||U.S. Forest Service|
The Quinn Canyon Wilderness covers an area of 26,256 acres (10,625 ha), and is administered by the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest. The nearest city is Ely, Nevada which is more than 100 miles (160 km) distant by road. The wilderness is about 12 miles (19 km) long and 4 miles (6.4 km) wide. The wilderness was established by the United States Congress in 1989.
Elevations of the wilderness range from 6,719 feet (2,048 m) at Cherry Creek trailhead to 10,189 feet (3,106 m) at an unnamed high point on the southern edge of the wilderness. The high point is located at 38° 07′ 20″ N and 115° 42′ 31″ W 
Wilderness.net described Quinn Canyon Wilderness: "Extreme isolation defines Quinn Canyon, a remote central Nevada wilderness. From the main ridgeline of the area, cresting at more than 10,000 feet, many smaller ridges and narrow canyons extend out east and west. In the Vshaped drainages, snowmelt along with summer rains collect in four year-round streams. Several springs usually provide water. From pinyon pine and juniper, the vegetation gives way to sagebrush with scattered white fir, aspen, and mahogany higher up. Small stands of bristlecone pine can be found here, too. Mule deer move into the higher elevations in summer." 
A ten mile crest of the Quinn Canyon Range is above 9,000 feet (2,700 m) in elevation and is an important summer range for bighorn sheep.
- Nevada Wilderness Areas
- List of wilderness areas in Nevada
- List of U.S. Wilderness Areas
- Wilderness Act
- "Wilderness.net" http://www.wilderness.net/NWPS/wildView?WID=478, accessed 3 Mar 2017; Google Earth.
- "Wilderness.net" http://www.wilderness.net/NWPS/wildView?WID=478, accessed 3 Mar 2017
- "Quinn Canyon Wilderness" http://www.nevadawilderness.org/quinn_canyon_wilderness, accessed 3 Mar 2017
- official Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest website
- National Atlas: Map of Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness
|This article related to a protected area in Nevada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|