Punderson State Park Information (Geography)
|Punderson State Park|
Sunset, Punderson State Park, December 2014
|Location||Geauga, Ohio, United States|
PUNDERSON STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||741 acres (300 ha)|
|Elevation||1,171 ft (357 m) |
|Named for||Lemuel Punderson|
|Governing body||Ohio Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Punderson State Park|
Punderson State Park is a 741-acre (300 ha) state park in Newbury, Ohio. The state park features a 150-acre (61 ha) lake  and a lodge that enjoys a reputation for being haunted.    The park has facilities for swimming, fishing, camping, golf, disc golf, and sledding in wintertime. 
The site was developed as an estate in the early 1800s by land agent Lemuel Punderson, one of the area's first settlers. After summer cottages, a hotel and Tudor-style lodge were constructed, the Ohio Division of Wildlife purchased the land and lakein 1948, then transferred control to the Division of Parks and Recreation for development as a state park in 1951. 
- "Punderson State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Punderson Lake". Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- "Overview". Punderson State Park. Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- "The Haunted History of Punderson Manor" (Press release). Xanterra Parks & Resorts. October 10, 2012. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- Dominique King (August 22, 2011). "Punderson's Haunted History". Tourism Ohio. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- "Activities". Punderson State Park. Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- "History & Natural Features". Punderson State Park. Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 23, 2017.
- Riddle, Albert Gallatin. "Punderson's Pond". Mark Loan: A tale of the Western Reserve pioneers. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- Punderson State Park Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Punderson State Park Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Punderson Manor Xanterra Parks & Resorts
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for
Ohio State Parks |
Punderson State Park.