The Ponce Metropolitan Statistical Area is a United States Census Bureau defined Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) in south central Puerto Rico. A 1 July 2009 Census Bureau estimate placed the population at 262,414, a 0.95% decrease from the 2000 census figure of 264,919. 
Ponce is the third largest metropolitan area (by population) in Puerto Rico. Of the eight MSA areas in the Commonwealth, only Ponce and Mayagüez experienced population declines during the 2000-2009 period.
The Ponce– Yauco– Coamo Combined Statistical Area (CSA) includes two metropolitan areas, two micropolitan areas; nine municipalities in total. A July 1, 2009 Census Bureau estimate placed the population at 483,149, a 2.07% increase over the 2000 census figure of 442,244. The Ponce–Yauco–Coamo Combined Statistical Area comprises 12.2% of Puerto Rico's total population. 
- Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs)
- Ponce (3 Municipalities)
- Yauco (4 Municipalities)
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSAs)
- "Table 3. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas in Puerto Rico: 1 April 2000 to 1 July 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-03)" ( CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-31.
- "Update of Statistical Area Definitions and Guidance on Their Uses (OMB Bulletin 08 - 01)" (PDF). 2007 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2007-11-20. Archived from the original ( CSV) on 2008-11-17. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Table 4. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas in Puerto Rico: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-04)" ( CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-31.