|Petersburg Borough, Alaska|
Location in the U.S. state of Alaska
Alaska's location in the U.S.
|Incorporated||January 3, 2013 |
|• Total||3,829 sq mi (9,917 km2)|
|• ( 2016)||3,196|
|• Density||0.8/sq mi (0.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Alaska: UTC−9/ −8|
When the borough incorporated in 2013, it took area from the Hoonah–Angoon Census Area and the former Petersburg Census Area. The remaining portion of Petersburg Census Area (including Kake) was added to Prince of Wales–Hyder Census Area. Petersburg Census Area was created in 2008 from the remaining portion of Wrangell–Petersburg Census Area upon the incorporation of the City and Borough of Wrangell.  A map of the old Petersburg Census Area boundaries can be seen here: 
- Juneau Borough, Alaska - northwest ( quadripoint) 
- Wrangell Borough, Alaska - southeast
- Prince of Wales-Hyder Census Area, Alaska - southwest
- Hoonah–Angoon Census Area - north and west
- Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine, British Columbia, Canada - east
- "Vote certified, Petersburg Borough formation complete". KTOO. 4 Jan 2013. Retrieved 23 Jul 2013.
- "2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates". Retrieved March 3, 2018.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Petersburg Borough, Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Wrangell City and Borough
- Map: Alaska Department of Labor
- Juneau Empire, 28 October 2012, Juneau appeals Petersburg Borough boundary approval – Includes map.