This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. ( Learn how and when to remove these template messages)( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1970Frankfurt am Main, Germany,|
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|Headquarters location||Pieterlen and Bern|
|Distribution||self distributed (Switzerland)|
Baker & Taylor, GOBI Library Solutions, Ingram Content Group (US) 
Co Info (Australia) 
|Publication types||Books, academic journals, textbooks|
Peter Lang is an academic publisher specializing in the humanities and social sciences. It has its headquarters in Pieterlen and Bern, Switzerland, with offices in Brussels, Frankfurt am Main, New York City, Dublin, Oxford, Vienna, and Warsaw.  
Peter Lang publishes over 1,800 academic titles annually, both in print and digital formats, with a backlist of over 55,000 books.  It has its complete online journals collection available on Ingentaconnect  and distributes its digital textbooks globally through Kortext. 
The company specializes in the following twelve subject areas: 
- Economics and Management
- English Language and Literatures
- German Language and Literatures
- Media and Communication
- Romance Languages and Literatures
The company was founded in Frankfurt am Main in 1970 by Swiss editor Peter Lang. Since 1982 it has an American subsidiary, Peter Lang Publishing USA, specializing in textbooks for classroom use in education,  media and communication, and Black studies, as well as monographs in the humanities and social sciences.  
- "Wholesalers". Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Distribution". Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Agents & Sales Representatives". Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- Peter Lang Website
- "Peter Lang Academic Publishing Group". IngentaConnect. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Peter Lang Press Releases
- "Peter Lang und Kortext kooperieren". BuchMarkt. 2014-11-25. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Critics Choice Awards". American Educational Studies Association. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Peter Lang Publishing". American Libraries Buyers Guide. 2010-10-06. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- "Peter Lang". YBP Library Services. Retrieved 2015-03-12.