|Owned by||La Quinta Resort & Club|
Desert Classic benefiting the Clinton Foundation (1987, 2016-)|
Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf (1995–96)
|Designed by||Pete Dye|
The PGA West Stadium Course was designed by Pete Dye and is viewed as the sequel to the TPC at Sawgrass. It was inspired by the Scottish links-style courses and at one point was considered one of Golf Digest's Top 100 Courses in America.
The PGA West Stadium Course is part of the Tournament Players Club network of courses operated by the PGA Tour, and is branded as the TPC Stadium Course at PGA WEST. It hosted the tour's Desert Classic (then known as the Bob Hope Classic) in 1987 and again starting in 2016, and the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf on the Senior PGA Tour in 1995 and 1996.
The PGA West Stadium Course has hosted many important golf tournaments and is considered one of the most challenging courses in America.
- Skins Game – 1986–1991
- Desert Classic – 1987, 2016
- PGA Club Professional Championship – 1990
- PGA Tour Qualifying School Finals – 1986, 1988, 1989, 2002, 2006 & 2008
- Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf – 1995 & 1996
The PGA West Stadium Course has long been known as the course that was too tough for the professionals. In 1987 it made its first appearance as a PGA Tour venue in the Bob Hope Classic (now known as the Desert Classic). After creating a challenging course setup in what is normally one of the PGA Tour's easier tournaments, the tour pros refused to return in 1988 successfully signing a petition to get it removed as one of the host courses, a ban that effectively ran until 2015; the Challenge will return to the rotation in 2016.   
However, the TPC Stadium course plays to an easier course rating than other courses played in the tournament. The Stadium course plays to a rating of 76.1 whereas SilverRock Resort plays to a rating of 76.3.
- WHITE Jr, GORDON S. (January 22, 1987). "Pros oppose playing PGA WEST course". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Scorecard". Sports Illustrated. February 2, 1987. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Worth Your Money This Month: PGA West (Stadium Course)". Golf Magazine. January 11, 2007. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "PGA West". PGA West. MembersFirst, INC. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "SilverRock Resort". SilverRock Resort. 2010 SilverRock Resort. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- TPC Stadium Course at PGA WEST – official PGA WEST site