|North Dakota Attorney General|
|Member of||North Dakota Industrial Commission|
|Term length||Four years|
|First holder||George F. Goodwin|
The North Dakota Attorney General is the chief legal officer of the North Dakota state government. The current Attorney General is Republican Wayne Stenehjem. The Attorney General's office represents the state government in court cases and issues opinions of points of law upon request.
Since the creation of the office by the state's constitution in 1889, the state has seen a total of 28 Attorneys General. The office has been known to change hands rather quickly. The office has been held by the North Dakota Republican Party for a wide majority of its existence; only three of the 28 Attorneys General were from the state's Democratic Party and two Attorneys General ran on the Non Partisan League-ticket. The Attorney General originally served a two-year term, but this was extended to four in 1964 by a constitutional amendment.
The Office of the Attorney General oversees the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation, the office of the state Fire Marshall, and is charged with enforcement of the state open meetings and open records laws. The Attorney General is also responsible for gambling regulations (except horse betting), overseeing the state's lottery and charitable gaming, as well as the intergovernmental compacts related to Native American gaming within North Dakota. 
- 2015–2017 Biennial Report (PDF) (Report). Office of the North Dakota Attorney General. 2017. p. 1. Retrieved December 21, 2018.
- North Dakota Attorney General official website
- North Dakota Attorney General articles at Legal Newsline Legal Journal
- North Dakota Attorney General articles at ABA Journal
- News and Commentary at FindLaw
- North Dakota Century Code at Law.Justia.com
- U.S. Supreme Court Opinions - "Cases with title containing: State of North Dakota" at FindLaw
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem profile at National Association of Attorneys General
- Press releases at North Dakota Attorney General
|This North Dakota–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|