Murphy USA Information
S&P 400 Component
|Founded||1996 (became independent in 2013 as spin-off of Murphy Oil)|
|Headquarters||El Dorado, Arkansas, U.S.|
Murphy USA is an American corporation operating a chain of retail gas stations that are primarily located in proximity to Walmart stores. It was founded as a spin-off of Murphy Oil in 2013.   In 2018, it was ranked 279 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by revenue. 
In the first quarter of 2016, Murphy USA announced a change in its relationship with Walmart, as they began opening their own in-house gas stations and convenience stores. It plans to increase its locations independently of Walmart sites. In 2016 Murphy USA announced that Core-Mark would be the sole distributor for their chain. It said, "...this partnership will allow Murphy to offer a larger selection of popular convenience store products." 
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2017) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Murphy USA operates more than 1,400 retail fueling stations in 26 US states. Over 1,100 locations are located near Walmart stores. As part of the company's new direction, more than 240 stations, also known as Murphy Express stores, are located independently.  Murphy Express sites are typically large-format facilities (1,200-3,400+ square feet) that offer a larger array of products and more fueling lanes than the original format.
- "Spinoff Murphy USA Gets Board Sign-Off". CSPNet. 7 Aug 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Murphy USA Spinoff". Zacks. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Murphy USA". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-11-25.
- "Murphy Oil USA - Investor Relations - News Release". ir.corporate.murphyusa.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "About Murphy USA | Quality fuels, low prices and tremendous opportunities for investment and employment". corporate.murphyusa.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|