Mount Gilead State Park Information
|Mount Gilead State Park|
|Location||Morrow, Ohio, United States|
MT. GILEAD STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||181 acres (73 ha)|
|Elevation||1,148 ft (350 m) |
|Governing body||Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Parks and Recreation|
|Website||Mount Gilead State Park|
Work on the park began in the early 1900s, with the creation of a dam across Sam's Creek. Work continued through the proceeding decades, with a larger lake being completed below the first one on July 10, 1930. In 1949, the park was turned over to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. 
Mount Gilead State Park covers 181 acres (0.73 km2), 32 of which are the lakes. It offers hiking, camping, picnicking, fishing and boating (electric motor only) opportunities.
The park's hills limit access during the winter, when vehicle access to the lakes is typically closed. (The descent is somewhat steep and features a switchback.) 
- "Mount Gilead State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Mount Gilead State Park". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- "Mount Gilead State Park: History". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- "Mount Gilead State Park: Activities". Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- Mount Gilead State Park Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Mount Gilead State Park Map Ohio Department of Natural Resources
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for
Ohio State Parks |
Mount Gilead State Park.