Mark Twain State Park Information
|Mark Twain State Park|
Picnic shelter at Buzzard's Roost
|Location||Monroe, Missouri, United States|
MARK TWAIN STATE PARK Latitude and Longitude:
|Area||2,775.14 acres (11.2306 km2) |
|Elevation||607 ft (185 m) |
|Named for||Mark Twain|
|Visitors||240,301 (in 2016) |
|Governing body||Missouri Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Mark Twain State Park|
Mark Twain State Park Picnic Shelter at Buzzard's Roost
|Nearest city||Santa Fe, Missouri|
|Area||Less than one acre|
|MPS||ECW Architecture in Missouri State Parks 1933-1942 TR|
|NRHP reference #||85000515|
|Added to NRHP||March 4, 1985|
Mark Twain State Park is a public recreation area encompassing 2,775 acres (1,123 ha) on Mark Twain Lake in Monroe County, Missouri. The state park offers water recreation, hiking trails, and campgrounds.  It is adjacent to the Mark Twain Birthplace State Historic Site.
The Mark Twain State Park Picnic Shelter at Buzzard's Roost is a historic picnic shelter located at Mark Twain State Park. The shelter was built about 1941 by an all African-American Civilian Conservation Corps company. The shelter is constructed of stone in a rustic style.  It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. 
- "Mark Twain State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Missouri State Park Advisory Board Annual Report 2008". Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "State Park Land Acquisition Summary". Missouri State Parks. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Missouri State Park Attendance" (PDF). Missouri State Parks. January 23, 2017. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- "Mark Twain State Park". Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- James M. Denny and Bonita Marie Wright (November 1984). "ECW Architecture in Missouri State Parks 1933-1942 TR" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form. Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 1, 2017. (includes 1 photograph)
- "Mark Twain State Park Picnic Shelter at Buzzard's Roost". NPGallery Digital Asset Management System. National Park Service. Retrieved December 2, 2017.