Maggie Toulouse Oliver
|26th Secretary of State of New Mexico|
|Assumed office |
December 9, 2016
Michelle Lujan Grisham (elect)
|Preceded by||Brad Winter|
|Born||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Education||University of New Mexico ( BA, MA)|
Oliver was born in Los Angeles but is described as a "life long resident" of New Mexico. 
Prior to serving as Secretary of State, Toulouse Oliver served as the county clerk of Bernalillo County, New Mexico, from 2007 to 2016. Toulouse Oliver was raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She studied political science at the University of New Mexico, earning a master's degree. She worked as the New Mexico state director for the League of Conservation Voters. 
Following the resignation of Dianna Duran, Toulouse Oliver defeated Republican Nora Espinoza in the November 2016 special election to fill the remainder of the term.  She was sworn into the position on December 9, 2016.  As Secretary of State, Toulouse Oliver has advocated for automatic voter registration. 
|Democratic||Maggie Toulouse Oliver||392,954||57.06%|
- "Meet the Secretary". www.sos.state.nm.us. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- "Secretary of state: Maggie Toulouse Oliver claims victory". Las Cruces Sun-News. November 8, 2016. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Yingling, Sara (November 9, 2016). "Toulouse Oliver becomes New Mexico's Secretary of State". KRQE. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Lee, Morgan (December 9, 2016). "New Mexico swears in newly elected secretary of state". SFGate. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Simonich, Milan (January 18, 2017). "Democrats propose amendment calling for automatic voter registration". Santa Fe New Mexican. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
Secretary of State of New Mexico