Lower Neponset River Trail Information
|Lower Neponset River Trail|
Neponset Trail east of Shawmut underpass in 2016
|Length||2.4 mi (3.9 km)|
|Location||Dorchester, Massachusetts to Milton, Massachusetts|
|Trailheads||Port Norfolk, Dorchester; |
Central Avenue, Milton
LOWER NEPONSET RIVER TRAIL Latitude and Longitude:
The Lower Neponset River Trail is a 2.4-mile-long (3.9 km) rail trail running along the Neponset River in the Dorchester section of Boston, Massachusetts.  It roughly follows the path of the eastern part of the Dorchester and Milton Branch Railroad from the Port Norfolk neighborhood in Dorchester to the Central Avenue T Station in Milton,  passing through Pope John Paul II Park, the Neponset Marshes, and the Lower Mills area. 
- Frieswick, Kris (2006). The Cheap Bastard's Guide to Boston. Globe Pequot Press. p. 167. ISBN 978-0-7627-4280-6. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Neponset River Trail". Boston HarborWalk. Boston Harbor Association. Archived from the original on May 24, 2011. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Lower Neponset River Trail". MassParks. Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Lower Neponset River Trail Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Neponset River Greenway Map Department of Conservation and Recreation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to