Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of newspapers in Louisiana.
- Louisiana State University – The Daily Reveille
- Louisiana Tech University – The Tech Talk
- McNeese State University – The Contraband
- Tulane University – The Hullabaloo
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette – The Vermilion
|Title||Locale||Year est.||Year ceased||Notes|
|Daily States ||New Orleans||1880||Became New Orleans States-Item in 1960 |
|New Orleans Bee||New Orleans||1827 ||1923 ||Also called Abeille de la Nouvelle Orleans|
|Courrier de la Louisiane||1807||1860 |
|New Orleans Item-Tribune||New Orleans||1924||1958||Began as Daily City Item in 1877 |
|New Orleans Tribune||New Orleans||1864||1870 |
- Louisiana media
- Category:Journalists from Louisiana
- Literature of Louisiana
- List of French-language newspapers published in the United States
- Fake news websites in the United States
- Gannett Co., Inc., Our Brands: Louisiana, McLean, Virginia, retrieved March 27, 2017
- GateHouse Media, LLC, Our Markets: Louisiana, Pittsford, New York, retrieved March 27, 2017
- "US Newspaper Directory: Louisiana". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
"Southern Press". The South in the Building of the Nation. 7. Richmond, VA: Southern Historical Publication Society. 1909. pp. 402–436.
Date of establishment of leading Southern newspapers
- Federal Writers' Project 1941.
- "New Orleans Tribune", Congressional Record, Washington DC, July 23, 2014
- "List of Newspapers and Periodicals Printed Wholly or in Part in Languages Other Than English: French: Louisiana", Geo. P. Rowell and Co.'s American Newspaper Directory, New York: Geo. P. Rowell & Co., 1880
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: Louisiana". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475.
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: Louisiana", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- "Louisiana". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 377+.
- "Louisiana". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 385+.
- John S. Kendall (1929). "Foreign Language Press of New Orleans". Louisiana Historical Quarterly. 12.
- Edward Larocque Tinker (1932), "Bibliography of the French newspapers and periodicals of Louisiana" (PDF), Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society, 42 ( Issue also includes other lists related to Louisiana newspapers)
- Federal Writers' Project (1941), "Newspapers and Radio", Louisiana: a Guide to the State, American Guide Series, NY: Hastings House, pp. 134–140 – via HathiTrust
- Works Progress Administration (1941). Louisiana newspapers, 1794-1940: a union list of Louisiana newspaper files available in offices of publishers, libraries, and private collections in Louisiana. Louisiana State University – via HathiTrust.
- John S. Kendall (1946). "New Orleans Newspapermen of Yesterday". Louisiana Historical Quarterly. 29.
- Edward Larocque Tinker (1951), "Two-Gun Journalism in New Orleans" (PDF), Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society, 61
- Raymond R. MacCurdy (1954). "Tentative Bibliography of the Spanish-Language Press in Louisiana, 1808-1871". The Americas. Academy of American Franciscan History. 10. JSTOR 977937.
- G. Thomas Tanselle (1971). "General Studies: Louisiana". Guide to the Study of United States Imprints. Harvard University Press. p. 848+. ISBN 978-0-674-36761-6. (Includes information about newspapers)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of Louisiana.|
- "LPA's Membership". Baton Rouge: Louisiana Press Association. (List of newspapers)
- "Louisiana Newspapers". Louisiana State University Libraries.
- "Louisiana Information Sources". Research Guides. Tulane University Libraries. (Includes information about newspapers)
- "Spanish Language Press in New Orleans". Research Guides. Tulane University Libraries.
- "Louisiana". CJR's Guide to Online News Startups. New York: Columbia Journalism Review.
- "News: Newspapers: Regional: United States: Louisiana". DMOZ. AOL. (Directory ceased in 2017)
"Louisiana Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio:
Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- "Southeast". Historical African American Newspapers Available Online. Subject Guides. Poughkeepsie, NY: Marist College Library. (Includes Louisiana newspapers)
- International Coalition on Newspapers. "Newspaper Digitization Projects: United States: Louisiana". Chicago: Center for Research Libraries.
- University of Florida. "Louisiana". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.
- "Louisiana". N-Net: the Newspaper Network on the World Wide Web. Archived from the original on February 15, 1997.
- "Louisiana Newspapers". AJR News Link. American Journalism Review. Archived from the original on February 26, 2000.
- "United States: Louisiana". NewsDirectory.com. Toronto: Tucows Inc. Archived from the original on November 20, 2001.