|Map of areas maintained by the Office of State Parks|
(Each dot is linked to the corresponding historic site article)
This List of Louisiana state historic sites contains the 17 state historic sites governed by the Office of State Parks, a division of Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism in the U.S. state of Louisiana, as of 2011.  State historic sites were formerly known as state commemorative areas until July 1, 1999 with the passing of House Bill No. 462, which renamed them to state historic sites.  
Due to state budget cuts in 2010, Los Adaes and Winter Quarters State Historic Site were placed on 'caretaker status'.  Later in the year on July 26, five more historic sites were put on caretaker status. These sites included Centenary SHS, Fort Jesup, Fort Pike, Marksville, and Plaquemine Lock. 
Fort Jesup State Historic Site was removed from the list on November 12, 2010 with support from the town of Many, The Sabine River Authority, and parish tourism officials.   Plaquemine Lock State Historic Site was reopened on January 5, 2011 with help of the local government.  However, funds for Centenary State Historic Site, also in Jackson, weren't obtained to open it along with Plaquemine Lock State Historic Site.  While the boat launch of Fort Pike reopened to the public on January 11, 2011, the historic site itself is still under caretaker status and available by appointment only. 
The following were once Louisiana state historic sites, but for one reason or another are no longer current state historic sites.
|Former State Historic Site||Parish||Date established||Date jurisdiction changed||Remarks|
|Kent House||Rapides Parish||1983||The Plantation home was turned over to Kisatchie Delta Regional Planning and Development District, Inc, in Rapides Parish in 1983. Friends of Kent House group started helping to maintain the plantation in 1999.|
|Fort DeRussy||Avoyelles Parish||1999 ||The site is currently being administered by Marksville state historic site. |
- "Louisiana State Historic Sites". Archived from the original on 2011-02-26. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Fort DeRussy News - Governor Signs Bill". July 2009. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "HB462 - 1999 Regular Session (Act 709) - Resume Digest" (PDF). July 1999. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-23. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- Anderson, Ed (2010-07-22). "Fort Pike, four other state historic sites to be closed". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Marksville Historic Site closed to public due to budget cuts". Avoyelles Today. August 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-09-04. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- "Louisiana Travel Twitter update". Louisiana Travel. 2010-11-10. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Anderson, Ed (2010-09-18). "State park closures forecast if 35% budget cuts materialize". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Frost, Rachel (2010-12-28). "Plaquemine Lock SHS to reopen next week". WBRZ. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- Doyle, Jessica (2011-01-15). "Boat launch at Fort Pike reopens". Retrieved 2011-04-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to State historic sites in Louisiana.|