This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)
S&P 400 Component
|Industry||General Building Materials|
Number of employees
|10,000 as of February 4, 2016 per 10K|
Lennox International Inc. ( NYSE: LII) is an intercontinental provider of climate control products for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, (in the complex colloquially called: HVAC) and refrigeration markets. Lennox also includes the Heatcraft Refrigeration and Armstrong brands.
The company was founded in 1895, in Marshalltown, Iowa, by Dave Lennox, the owner of a machine repair business for railroads. He designed and patented a riveted steel coal-fired furnace, which led to numerous advancements in heating, cooling and climate control solutions. The company was sold in 1904 to DW Norris who managed the company until his death in 1949, following which ownership devolved to his descendants who continued to hold a prominent position in the company in the following decades.   
From 1964-65, Lennox dabbled in the lawn and garden industry by building a small crawler tractor and mower called the Lennox Kitty Track 600. It featured a 6 hp (4.5 kW) Briggs & Stratton engine and a 32" mower deck. .
In 1973, Lennox purchased the commercial refrigeration products firm Heatcraft, including the Larkin, Bohn, Chandler, and Climate Control brands.   In 2010, the Kysor/Warren brand was added under the Heatcraft umbrella. 
Today, Lennox International is focused on three core businesses: Residential Heating and Cooling, Commercial Heating and Cooling, and Refrigeration. The company headquarters are in Richardson, Texas, near Dallas.
- Legends of Manufacturing, Times-Republican, October 2016
- "Sanitary and Heating Age". Sanitary and Heating Publishing. 19 July 2018 – via Google Books.
- An Icon Retires, achrnews, July 2006
- Easterlund, Peter. "TractorData.com - Lennox lawn tractors sorted by year". www.tractordata.com.
- Worthington Industries, Inc. History fundinguniverse.com, from: International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 21. St. James Press, 1998, retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Dan Gearino: Worthington Industries expands with oil, gas boom dispatch.com The Columbus Dispatch, 17 May 2013, retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Lennox International Inc. - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Lennox International Inc". www.referenceforbusiness.com.
- "Heatcraft Refrigeration Products - Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration". www.heatcraftrpd.com.
- "Lennox Expands Refrigeration Business With Acquisition of Kysor/Warren - HVACR News - Heatcraft". www.heatcraftrpd.com.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|